2 Noob Questions

TK40

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How do you text somebody from ur contacts list? Example: I want to txt a friend but I don't know his number by heart, I find his name in contacts but there is no option to txt just call or email. Should there be a completely different method to doing this?

Also, when I first booted up Droid I signed into my google account. I wasn't aware that it setup my email for me so I setup my google email through the regular email app. Now when I get an email I get two, one to email app and one to gmail app, how do I get rid of either?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just start typing their name and it will auto complete.

I would delete the account from the email app and leave the gmail app alone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
click the little window next to the contact name and a little window should pop out. from that menu there are icons for call, text, and email. select text (green icon), or unless you use a 3rd party text app.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
handcent is great....and you can attach audio files along with pictures and text....it's a great app

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah tap any picture of a person in your contacts and a little window will pop up for all the ways you have available to contact them

remove your gmail account from your email app, leave the gmail app alone (like backnblack said)

get handcent now!!!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just start typing their name and it will auto complete.

I would delete the account from the email app and leave the gmail app alone.

Just to add a little to this [since you labeled this a noob question],

open the messaging app
click New Message
Click in the box that says To:
Start typing the contact's name. Usually takes about 3 letters [ie, if your contact's name is Nathaniel, you can just type nat]
Select contact's name from the list, then click in the text box at the bottom and type the text.

That's how I compose new texts. I very rarely use the contacts list.

As well, if you're trying to send a text to more than one person, after you select the first contact's name from the list, there should be a comma behind their name. Simply start typing the next person's name and continue for as many contacts as you'd like to send that message to.

OP
T

TK40

Reaction score
First off thank you for all the replies!

I installed handcent it seems pretty cool, and I deleted the regular email acct but kept gmail.

I was able to txt from the contact screen by clicking on the picture, but for some reason when I try to txt by just writing the name into the To: field only some of the names in my address book come up, not all are accessible that way for some reason.

I was hoping you guys could also help me with another issue. How do I save pictures to my droid from a webpage, I don't see any save options no matter what I try. I am using the default browser, do I need to use a different one?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First off thank you for all the replies!

I installed handcent it seems pretty cool, and I deleted the regular email acct but kept gmail.

I was able to txt from the contact screen by clicking on the picture, but for some reason when I try to txt by just writing the name into the To: field only some of the names in my address book come up, not all are accessible that way for some reason.

I was hoping you guys could also help me with another issue. How do I save pictures to my droid from a webpage, I don't see any save options no matter what I try. I am using the default browser, do I need to use a different one?

I know CHOMPsms has issues with contacts who's info comes solely from Facebook. Don't know much about handcent.

To save pics in the default browser, long-press on the image. A menu should pop up with the option to save.