2.5 battery life...

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in and say that poor battery life with this ROM isn't the case for everyone. To say I get amazing battery life would be an incredible understatement. I charge my phone overnight while it's on the media dock (doubles as my bed-side clock). It's usually off the charger around 6am. With moderate use (20-50 texts, about 30 minutes of phone calls and some general browsing/playing around) I'll usually be at 60-70% when I put it back on the dock at night (usually between 10:30-11:30). If I happen to play some games along with my other daily usage, at worst I'll be at 30%. And, for the record, I am using the stock 800Mhz kernel and I have 5 homescreens with 13 widgets in use.

One of these days I'm going to put my phone on the dock without it being charged and see how long I can go before it dies.

ZBoater

Reaction score
My battery life is awesome. I use stock kernel, setcpu, and 125-800mhz. No lag, smooth as butter.

Sent from my Droid

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Would someone be kind enough to shoot me the link the chevy kernles or that jplg thingy kernels? I can't seem to find them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
I appreciate it man. Are you running the jdlfg kernel? If so how's it running, helping battery life?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Awesome ill definitely try it. Which phone are you using anyway?

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
so i downloaded the 1000 jdlfg kernel and when my phone rebooted it is saying that i have 0% battery, when connected to the charger the white light doesn't come on (where charger connects) and it still says "connect to charger" on the lock screen yet doesn't show any charging signs but doesn't turn off. when I take it off the charger it auto turns off. any ideas? i've never had 0% battery before haha

Also What's the difference in low Med and ulow on Chevy?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
so i downloaded the 1000 jdlfg kernel and when my phone rebooted it is saying that i have 0% battery, when connected to the charger the white light doesn't come on (where charger connects) and it still says "connect to charger" on the lock screen yet doesn't show any charging signs but doesn't turn off. when I take it off the charger it auto turns off. any ideas? i've never had 0% battery before haha

Also What's the difference in low Med and ulow on Chevy?

That's what jdlfg does for me as well. Just something about the kernel causes that issue for some people.

Ulow uses less battery the low, low uses less battery than med, and so forth. Just saves battery but not all phone can run ulow. Just depends.

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
So jdlfg will charge my phone it'll just take a while to say "20% charging" etc?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
So jdlfg will charge my phone it'll just take a while to say "20% charging" etc?

No, it means the kernel won't work for you. Keeping it flashed is not a good idea. I almost couldn't restore a backup because of it. My phone wouldn't even turn on and I was fully charged prior to flashing. I was also using MIUI and it isn't compatible with that ROM so for you the results may be different but if it's saying you have no battery then I would flash something else:)

OP
N

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Thank you for that tiny tid bit of info haha i appreciate it. one last question you say med uses more battery then low, but is there an upside? does med go a tad faster or anything?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that tiny tid bit of info haha i appreciate it. one last question you say med uses more battery then low, but is there an upside? does med go a tad faster or anything?

Haha sorry it isn't more:) Haven't messed with that kernel much since I flashed it and it basically destroyed my battery haha. I believe it does the same thing as the other versions. Just may be more compatible with your build.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Droid 2 extended battery FTW! I easily get a full day with very heavy usage. Its great being able to watch movies, surf the web, play games and whatnot, and not ever have to worry that my battery will die before I get home. I would actually have to work hard to kill it, or just leave nav on for a long time haha