2.5 battery life...

nwwolf1

Reaction score
Anyone else having horrendous battery life on 2.5?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

compton

Reaction score
I've been experiencing terrible battery life since 2.1.0 at which point I thought it was a faulty battery. So I purchased a new battery only to have the same symptoms. Finally I thought it was the phone and I even received a new re-certified droid through Verizon, and yet I am still puzzled. I have cleared the battery stats via rom manager multiple times. I have tried stock kernel as well as 1ghz slayher kernel to no avail.

The droid is sucking the batteries juices like it cannot ever quench it's thirst. In some instances my battery % drops from 80-->50 within a blink of an eye. Ill throw it on the charger at 40% and within only minutes the charge jumps up to 60%...

During heavy phone usage (talk, navi, games, etc) my battery will last about 6 hours or so..

During light use (mostly idle) my battery will last any where from 11-16 hours till battery warning @ 15% alerts.

There are a couple other battery threads, but it only appears its affecting a handful of people. Otherwise these battery threads would be blowing up. Bottom line is that there is no solution for those of us suffering. My battery literally needs to live on the charger.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get a Droid 2 extended battery:) Won't solve the issue but it lasts a while.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I've been experiencing terrible battery life since 2.1.0 at which point I thought it was a faulty battery. So I purchased a new battery only to have the same symptoms. Finally I thought it was the phone and I even received a new re-certified droid through Verizon, and yet I am still puzzled. I have cleared the battery stats via rom manager multiple times. I have tried stock kernel as well as 1ghz slayher kernel to no avail.

The droid is sucking the batteries juices like it cannot ever quench it's thirst. In some instances my battery % drops from 80-->50 within a blink of an eye. Ill throw it on the charger at 40% and within only minutes the charge jumps up to 60%...

During heavy phone usage (talk, navi, games, etc) my battery will last about 6 hours or so..

During light use (mostly idle) my battery will last any where from 11-16 hours till battery warning @ 15% alerts.

There are a couple other battery threads, but it only appears its affecting a handful of people. Otherwise these battery threads would be blowing up. Bottom line is that there is no solution for those of us suffering. My battery literally needs to live on the charger.
Try different people's kernals... like chevy, jdflg, p3droid, etc.

Sent from my Droid

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 I love mine! Also, the stock Sapphire kernel and Slayher kernels drained my battery really quick too! I've found Chevy's and jdlfg (sp?) work best on MY phone. Make a backup and try them, you may be surprised.

DroidForums junkie!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 I love mine! Also, the stock Sapphire kernel and Slayher kernels drained my battery really quick too! I've found Chevy's and jdlfg (sp?) work best on MY phone. Make a backup and try them, you may be surprised.

DroidForums junkie!!

Haha yeah! It's great. I didn't realize I had a few apps that were updating like, every 3 minutes and my phone was still lasting around 19 hours and what not. Now that I've found out they're doing that(found out today), I'm sure it will be even long. Jdlfg or whatever it is, before I found out it didn't play well with MIUI, I flashed it and I was fully charged and it said I had no battery. Like, none was in the icon, it was just red. I thought I wasn't going to be able to restore a backup haha.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yessir! Sitting at 20% now after 14 hours of HEAVY usage (100+ texts, 100+ emails, 30 minutes or so of calls, staying on here, etc, etc)!! Pretty impressed! :dancedroid:

DroidForums junkie!!

Haha yeah! It's great. I didn't realize I had a few apps that were updating like, every 3 minutes and my phone was still lasting around 19 hours and what not. Now that I've found out they're doing that(found out today), I'm sure it will be even long. Jdlfg or whatever it is, before I found out it didn't play well with MIUI, I flashed it and I was fully charged and it said I had no battery. Like, none was in the icon, it was just red. I thought I wasn't going to be able to restore a backup haha.

DroidForums junkie!!

compton

Reaction score
Which of the Chevy kernels are most friendly? Looking at the 1ghz, but low V, ulow V, and med V?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The lower the voltage, the longer the battery life. Not all phones can run ulv though so make sure you make a backup first!

Which of the Chevy kernels are most friendly? Looking at the 1ghz, but low V, ulow V, and med V?

DroidForums junkie!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yessir! Sitting at 20% now after 14 hours of HEAVY usage (100+ texts, 100+ emails, 30 minutes or so of calls, staying on here, etc, etc)!! Pretty impressed! :dancedroid:

Haha that's a lot. I wasn't sure mine was working at first. It seems like I drop from 100 to 90, 90 to 80, etc. extremely fast but then it lasts me all day. Now with those widgets not updating every few minutes on top of my use it will last much longer.

compton

Reaction score
Appreciate the timely responses. I just flashed to Chevy's 1ghz ulow V. Charging the battery to full as we speak. I will be reporting back on hopeful success? We shall see. Thanks again guys!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's why we're here :)

Appreciate the timely responses. I just flashed to Chevy's 1ghz ulow V. Charging the battery to full as we speak. I will be reporting back on hopeful success? We shall see. Thanks again guys!

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, mine goes from 100 to 90 in minutes but, 90 to 80 to 20 takes a WHILE! :dancedroid:

Haha that's a lot. I wasn't sure mine was working at first. It seems like I drop from 100 to 90, 90 to 80, etc. extremely fast but then it lasts me all day. Now with those widgets not updating every few minutes on top of my use it will last much longer.

DroidForums junkie!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine goes from 100 to 90 in minutes but, 90 to 80 to 20 takes a WHILE! :dancedroid:

Good to see I'm not the only one then haha. But I think a lot of it is my ROM. I have unusual battery use. Normal display beats the crap out of my battery life but the top 4 are Cell standby, Maps, Android System, and Phone idle. So, something is wrong with that pictures. Display is using 4% where normally it's using like 60.