2.3 Update

kck

Reaction score
I received both updates. I like the improvements. My phone is faster and more responsive. Also, it feels as though it is handling tasks much more effectively and efficiently. I haven't felt a need to manually close any apps to improve performance since the update. I'm happy and content. Thank you Verizon and HTC. I appreciate the updates.

I Second That :biggrin:

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Figures... I switch phones and the dang update rolls out... Bleh...

Takami826, I can only give you my view on both phones. The iPhone trumps the Incredible in battery life. And it runs a lot smoother than when I was running Froyo (not sure about smoothness vs. Gingerbread as I never had it). The quality of the apps are nice, but you have to pay for pretty much anything that's not LITE. You can't have widgets on an iPhone, which can be a huge hassle. You can only sync 1 iTunes account to your phone.
It's all about preference. If you root, or don't want a "closed down" phone, then stick to Android. You won't like the iPhone at all.
If you don't root, and want a simpler phone, then try the iPhone.

Like I said, it's all about preference, and I won't try to sway you one way or the other. I had a Droid for nearly 2 years, and I absolutely LOVED it. There are only a couple small things I could complain about for droid (battery, freezing), but I would NEVER tell somebody not to get a droid.

I've had my iPhone for.... 2 weeks-ish? And I love it as well. The battery is simply amazing. That was my biggest reason for switching. The screen is clear, and all the apps are high quality. And I wouldn't tell anybody not to get an iPhone either.

You should go to a VZW store and play around with both to see which you like better :biggrin: enjoy!

Staceybassoon,

I'm really curios as to how long you actually played with your friends iPhone? Was Siri the only thing you checked out? If so, then you didn't get a full feel of the phone. It's like everything else in the world. You can't learn something in 10 minutes. I know that the iPhone is pretty simple in how to use it, and that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. But it does do a few things well that Android cant. Just like Android does things that the iPhone simply can't do as well.

I was always an Android fanboy, and I said I would "never" get an iPhone. Things change. And I'm happy. I may very well go back to Android once they fix the battery issues and the freezing issues (and is it to much to ask for a sexy phone?). My Godson is getting to the point where he can use the phone, and he likes to call me ALL the time (17 calls yesterday :icon_eek:), and I have to have a phone to pick up when he calls.

I have to have my phone charged for my parents (dad has Parkinson's), and I have to make sure that nothing has happened, and if my phone is dead and miss a call. I'm screwed. And my girlfriend... Well.... Ever had a clingy girlfriend? Gotta keep my phone charged for that...

Anyways, sorry I ranted and got off-topic. When you get your new phone, consider what you're going to use it for. Then make the decision. Don't not get one phone because it's the rival of the phone you have right now. Pick one to suit your needs :biggrin:.

I'm happy for everybody that got the 2.3.4 update! And I hope that you all get version 4.08xxx pushed to you soon as well. And I'm happy for all the people that have it working great for them. the Incredible forum will always be my family :D.

Question though, has the update helped any with the battery life? Or is it still pretty much horrible?

Hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving! And I'll try to check in more often!

kck

Reaction score
Bravesfan,
To answer your question about battery life it did not improve with the new updates. In fact it might be just a little worse. Not much but just a little. I might not have gotten all my settings back to where they were yet either but I am close. It really is amazing how much faster the phone is now.

I wanted to ask you if the slightly smaller screen size is very noticable. I imagine the superior display kind of negates the size diff.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just your luck huh Braves? :D

At least you're happy with your iPhone

SpdFrk

Reaction score
My battery life is better after the update, but it isn't an astronomical leap in the duration. However, I do find it to be a noticeable difference.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

SpdFrk

Reaction score
My phone is NOT rooted, and I did receive both the gingerbread update and a software update roughly a week to a week and a half ago.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Bravesfan,
To answer your question about battery life it did not improve with the new updates. In fact it might be just a little worse. Not much but just a little. I might not have gotten all my settings back to where they were yet either but I am close. It really is amazing how much faster the phone is now.

I wanted to ask you if the slightly smaller screen size is very noticable. I imagine the superior display kind of negates the size diff.

At first, the screen difference was a little noticeable, I'd be playing a game, and my fingers would be off to far and I'd miss a button. But I've gotten the hang of it, and yes, the superior display does really negate the size of the screen. I'm very happy with the screen. Just like with everything new, you have to get used to it.

cris

Reaction score
Well so far i love this update. Its been a day and a half and my battery is just now at 40%. Before this update i was charging after just a few hours.

JuniorJays

Reaction score
The update is good. Not much differnece except probally another hour solid use

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It is just my luck... Happens all the time. Oh well. I am happy. How do you like the 2.3 update?
Been on "2.3" for the past couple months, to be honest I don't think it's affected my use of it. Whatever features have been added, I haven't noticed.

I could go update the stock ROM, but I'm afraid I may lose root.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Though word of this dramatic battery increase does sound intriguing....maybe I'll update after I upgrade.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When's your upgrade due? And do you have any idea which phone you'll end up choosing?
I'm actually eligible for an upgrade right now, but none of the current phones really warrant an upgrade. I'm personally waiting for the Nexus, that phone has sparked my interest much like the OG Droid did. Of course I'm like everyone else and hoping it'll be out by the rumored Dec. 9th date, but if not, I'm perfectly content with my Incredible. I'll definitely get some hands-on time the day it comes out and then, hopefully, take a day or two to think it through. If I'm blown away by it, which I'm expecting, I'll be walkin out the store with it in hand though that's for sure.

I had alot of hands-on time with the Rezound and was impressed with it. If I had no choice, but to upgrade today, it would be the Rezound. It was fast, new Sense is nice, and most of all those red android keys were very nice (yes I know....the keys of all things:D) Felt nice in the hand (wish they took off those security tabs) and the screen was beautiful, far better than the Razr imo.