2.2 update notice

JAB 67

Reaction score
How will I know when the update is available to me? By going to "Settings/About Phone/System Updates"? Mine says 'currently up to date.' But I'm still 2.1.

bmt626

Reaction score
That's because the offical 2.2 update has not been released for the droid x yet once it is you will pull the update down when you check there as of now you must manually update your phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
As of right now you must manually update the phone but good luck finding the leaked RC that hit a couple days ago. Motorola send C&D letters to everyone they saw hosting it.

When the official update is ready it will be in the news section for manual updating, but if you don't want to do it that way you'll eventually get a notification popup on your phone saying there's an update waiting for you. Going into the settings to "call" the update only works if there's on available and you didn't get the notice because of poor signal or some other error, and if you don't do that it'll come down soon anyway.

Jon K

Reaction score
When is the slated date for 2.2 and, for a new Droid user, what will it offer me? Will I notice?

scf

Reaction score
My patent answer to my teenagers:

Sometime between then, and now.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Flash would have to be licensed to be included in the update. However, once the update hits you should be able to see it in the market.

I stress should because if there isn't an official Droid X version of it you might have to wait for it to be finalized before it appears.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Flash would have to be licensed to be included in the update. However, once the update hits you should be able to see it in the market.

I stress should because if there isn't an official Droid X version of it you might have to wait for it to be finalized before it appears.

Ah ok, b/c I was under the impression that our phones would have flash 10.1, I thought was one of the selling points that verizon used for their droids vs. iphone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'll still get it, you'll just have to install it manually through the Market. The Nexus 1 has it live in the market and soon the Droid 1 will have it as well. I'm running the Nexus 1 version on my Droid and it's working fine; we're just hoping the Droid 1-specific version will have hardware optimizations for the Droid 1-specific GPU and whatnot. Hopefully the Droid X version will be optimized for Droid X hardware.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Ah I see, so I guess no time frame as to when it will hit droid 1 market, I only ask b/c my g/f has that phone so shes waiting for it.

Thanks for your help.

TurboTech

Reaction score
I have the leaked 2.2 on my phone now, it's not rooted and all the bloatware is on it...Will I get the offical ota when it comes out, or will I have to go back to 2.1 somehow first?

Froyo has been running great on mine so far (touches wood)..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have the leaked 2.2 on my phone now, it's not rooted and all the bloatware is on it...Will I get the offical ota when it comes out, or will I have to go back to 2.1 somehow first?

Froyo has been running great on mine so far (touches wood)..
You shouldn't have to. The system will see you're not running the official build and push the update to you OTA or you could install it manually.

soba1

Reaction score
My patent answer to my teenagers:

Sometime between then, and now.

ROFLMAO.............:rofl2:
Can I use that with my teenager...........?
Thanks in advance......:icon_ banana: