2.2 lock screen

cincycats51

Reaction score
So ever since I installed the 2.2 file, my lock screen is completely messed up...before when I had 2.1, I would switch my lock screen between either the pattern unlock or the slide unlock. Ever since I updated, I can only do either slide AND pattern or neither...i want JUST slide or JUST pattern...not both or neither. And I don't want to purchase lock 2.0, or purchase anything for that matter...i just want my lock screen back...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have noticed that as well - that if you choose either pattern, pin, or password that you also get the slide unlock...however, if you choose none, you just get the slide unlock..

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
Thats the thing...if I choose none, i get just that...none. I don't get just the slide. I get nothing.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Oh, that sucks. I can still get the slider that way. I use the "pin" unlock & I have to unslide first...have you done a battery pull / reboot to see if that helps?

Sent from my Droid X

OP
C

cincycats51

Reaction score
Yeah, it has been this way for like a month now. I have done multiple battery pulls since then. I guess I just want to know why this is only happening to me...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yeah, it has been this way for like a month now. I have done multiple battery pulls since then. I guess I just want to know why this is only happening to me...

Unlucky? :)...just kidding - well hopefully the OTA will fix it for ya...

tacker

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me...very frustrating! Still looking everywhere for a fix to this issue. If I turn on pattern/pin/pw lock I get both the slide lock plus the other and if I turn off screen lock I don't get either one. Please help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

inthefad3

Reaction score
I too was troubled by this feature" by Moto. However, after doing a factory reset for another issue, I am now unable to disable the slide lock, even when the pattern/pin/password option is disabled. How can this be?

Note when doing the factory reset I made sure to disable settings/apps back up so as to get rid of 2.1 issues that may have moved over to 2.2. So...maybe this means that Moto meant to have the slide lock on all the time but most of us that upgraded without a hard reset ended up with the slide lock ONLY when a security option is also selected?

Either way, this sucks because I have no control whatsoever over this function. Every single time my screen goes off, the lock appears when I turn the screen on again. Anyone see what I may be missing? Maybe I am overlooking a setting I already had in 2.1.

kevinkar

Reaction score
2.1 had an option to set the slide lock to prevent unwanted screen presses. I always set that (have done it since my very first regular non-smart phone a decade or so ago) because you do NOT want your phone to dial your Mom when you are discussing inappropriate topics! 2.2 seems to have this on by default with no way to disable it.

Then again, I also always set a numeric lock since the phones have a lot of relatively sensitive data on them including cookies or saved passwords that log me in automatically to various sites and stuff. Even though the lock can eventually be defeated, it's a small layer of immediate security.

So I use both and have gotten so good at it, it only takes about 2 seconds to unlock the phone, I don't even think about it any more. I recommend the numeric/pattern/password lock regardless of there being a slide lock also. It's really a safer way to go.

This has got to be a software item that changed so it sure would be nice to know what that setting was and be able to change it back so you could indeed disable the slide lock since there's no reason it should have been removed (the option that is). Of course, you'd probably have to be rooted to do so which is silly.....

By the way, I updated with the OTA but did have the slide lock already on so I don't know for sure if the option was still there right after the update. I also performed a factory reset a day later due to WiFi issues which did not fix the WiFi issues but did seem to work out the small issues in sluggishness I saw immediately after the update.

My plan next time is to back up my data, do a factory reset, take the update, do another factory reset and then use the phone. I'm thinking that using a phone for some time and applying an update is just as bad as using XP for a couple of years and then upgrading to Vista or W7. Upgrading is almost always a pain because it's carrying forward crap better left in the past. Just like with a PC, it's probably good to start from scratch now and then.

Kevin

Sailmaker

Reaction score
I had the same frustration...I HATE the slider to unlock the screen. SOLUTION: NoLock available from AppMarket. Solved the problem. dancedroid