2.2 - Disappointed

KevinJ

Reaction score
Got the update, but not liking it very much. I don't like yogurt - frozen or otherwise - but this is just plain yogurt.

It's not Yogurt the Wise
It's not Yogurt the Magnificent.

It doesn't even come with the Schwartz!

im really hating the speed and battery life increase. 5 screens sucks, i wish i had 3 again... I'm not sure what else.

I don't like the animated gifs or the way the new launcher has built in icons for browser and phone. All it does is just free up screen space and makes browser and phone available from any screen. Flash? Come on, do I really need to have access to all those games and videos?

Everything is faster. One word: annoying.

And all the bugs I was used to working around are now gone. Thanks Google, now I have to unlearn the extra steps.

I can now watch any 3gp video even if the server isn't set to stream. Where am I going to get the time to watch all those, Google? WHERE?

The camera's easier to use. IT WAS EASY ENOUGH, GOOGLE! And now I can have the LED on when making videos. No thanks Google, I was already plenty used to completely dark videos at night. Such BS!

To top it all off, when I long press the home button I can access the last 8 apps I used. Eight! Now I tolerated 6, but 8??? I wish it was 4.

:)

Damn, I just hate having bluetooth voice commands, and voice actions with the new search app ...

BTW, Schwartz ROM is coming in Q4, a total frabrication collaboration from Cyanogen, cvpcs and ChevyNo1 ...

:)

Damn, I just hate having bluetooth voice commands, and voice actions with the new search app ...

BTW, Schwartz ROM is coming in Q4, a total frabrication collaboration from Cyanogen, cvpcs and ChevyNo1 ...

What search app you talking about

Sent from my Droid

Search the market for "voice search". (By Google)

You can say "listen to Elvis pressly" and it'll start playing Elvis on Pandora. You can also send emails and stuff. Even set the alarm as soon as they update that app. There's a video you can watch after you install it that shows all the other capabilities. As if we needed more cool functions!

The only main thing I've noticed is that the battery life is terrible and the phone is a lot slower and laggier

2.2 has been absolutely phenomenal its light years faster then 2.1 was even on its best day. Flash is amazing i use it all the time for useful stuff and to play games.

2.2 is what the droid should have been from day 1

i've used the leaks, actually this exact one (not hacked, just stock) and it was fast, but that was on a different droid. i have another coming in the mail so hopefully it will be better

Back