2.1 soft keyboard is way better.

deputc26

Reaction score
I'm running the ESE53 build of 2.1 (the build that was going to be released... but then wasn't) and the soft keyboard seems vastly superior to the earlier software keyboard, they both look the same but the ese keyboard is far more responsive and seems to interpret what I want to say much better.

Anyone else noticed this?

...One more thing to look forward to in 2.1:)

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
I havent used the new On Screen keyboard very much but I will def report back to you on that (I just upgraded to ESE53 last night, boy is it slick)

superglen99

Reaction score
I use the HTC keyboard and its 10x times better in portrait. You can actually calibrate it!! I never use virtual landscape, only qwerty

mjs31

Reaction score
I may give it a try, but I absolutely love "Smart Keyboard" using either the Iphone or White theme. The issue I have with the stock keyboard (including 2.1) is no multi touch. Hold down two keys at the same time and let go....only one letter records. Smart Keyboard has true multitouch. press down on two keys and let go, both record.

Last edited:

jnd121

Reaction score
I use the HTC keyboard and its 10x times better in portrait. You can actually calibrate it!! I never use virtual landscape, only qwerty

How do you get the HTC keyboard on the Droid? I have been looking everywhere trying to figure out how to do this.

rjm5151

Reaction score
you ned two apk files got them easily on the droid life website and like it a lot. I am using swype again now gonna give it some time this time and maybe adapt to it

rjm5151

Reaction score
You may also want to redownload the files as they added in the keyboard for as well as portrait