2.1 Root Issue

Mishael

Reaction score
ok so i was doing the 2.1 root where you install something to your sd card then boot, reset to factory, and apply update. i got past the authentication and it worked great after resetting my phone but then something happened after a few seconds of the update running and it just said process aborted. i did it two weeks ago and ive been away and nolt able to talk so i cant remember excactly what happened but its rather annoying that i reset to factory for no reason and i couldnt get anywhere. can someone help?

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
ive tried both. anything involving rsd lite, no way. i just get nice errors after resetting which are pains in the donkey. all i managed to do was create a large problem in my phone forcing me to activate, sync, install, and set all apps, contacts, and service. not fun

Blacknight7748

Reaction score
Does:

Without downgrading
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/08...otorola-droid/

work? I don't want to do this and have alot of errors. It seems simple enough to handle since i'm a PC techie myself but i'm not that comfortable as in if something happens not being able to use my phone. Any ideas? All I want is to be able to use my phone as its own wifi hotspot while im at work with my iPad.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
the page cannot be found but i used the one on the site that did not require downgrading but when it came to installing the fancy combined update it would start installing but then an error and just stop not bricking my phone or anything

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mishael, here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html that the RS recommends to root your phone. I realize it requires RSD lite and ,like you, many users have encountered issues. I'm a Mac user so I do not have any first had experience so I will not try to advise. From my readings I do know that persistence is required.

If you are willing to retry I will see if I can get another member of RS to work with you.

Mike

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
There is a very good step by step instructions with necessary links for files in my signature. You do not need to downgrade to 2.0.1 any more to root. You can gain root access with 2.1. Read through my guide and if you have any troubles or questions, either post them here or pm me and we will help you out.

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
i did i think box option 04 and it failed during the update process

OP
M

Mishael

Reaction score
flash rsdlite or flash the phone then be happy with rsd?