2.1 and teathering

plongson

Reaction score
2.1 and tethering

To the few who have the 2.1 update (manual or otherwise) Can you still use PdaNET to tether??

I'm still 2.0.1

Last edited:

Mawnee

Reaction score
-EDIT- I was impatient. I can confirm PDAnet works jsut fine with 2.1. Typing this on a tethered laptop :)

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
So technically to be 100% legal, just call up Verizon Wireless and get the additional $30/month for the "tethering" and it should be ok to use my Droid as a 3g wireless internet card. Right?

hobby31

Reaction score
I'm running the 2.1 that PETE posted yesterday. The "wireless tether for root users" app didn't work until I put Chevys overclocking kernel on it. I can vouch that that app works just fine.

craigtaz

Reaction score
I'm running the 2.1 that PETE posted yesterday. The "wireless tether for root users" app didn't work until I put Chevys overclocking kernel on it. I can vouch that that app works just fine.
Wow...you lost me...too technical, I'm only a novice user. What's a root user and and overclocking kernal? Sorry...:unsure:

bpad10

Reaction score
Wow...you lost me...too technical, I'm only a novice user. What's a root user and and overclocking kernal? Sorry...:unsure:

something you don't have to worry about.....answers your looking for is non-root (stock) 2.1 tethering with PDAnet or another app.

from what I've read thus far you are still able to tether....

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The answer is yes you can tether wifi and 3G still. I use pdanet and everything still runs the exact same.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
But does it cost me anything? If I tether(I'm totally new to this) I dont wanna get charged anything since I could try it today due to family trip today.

atlharry

Reaction score
Just to add something... Verizon just dropped the Mobile Hotspot feature for the Palm Pre Plus to... ZERO dollars! sheesh...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You willl not incour any chaege with tethering or pa net