1X only.........???

flooritnfly

Reaction score
I am in a heavy VZW 3G area and all day today I have only gotten 1X on my phone. A couple times I had 3G for a few seconds but then it would either go back to 1X or just show the signal bars with no notification of what network you are connected to (what the signal icon looks like when you are connected to wifi)

I did a full wipe and reinstall of my rom and even reinstalled the radio again in bootloader (the latest 7/8/11 OTA radio) and still only get 1X at best.........

I'm hoping its just the area here and not my phone...........???

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
should we all guess where you are now?!?!?

THIS IS FUN!!! LIKE BATTLESHIP!

I say you're in the midwest!

(i hope before you reloaded your rom and all that excitement, you turned airplane mode off and on)

tnhockey

Reaction score
if its in the midwest then i had the same problem over the weekend. i live near chicago so im in a 4g area, but i was close to iowa over the weekend and usually get 3g there all the time and this weekend i only had 1x.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might be experiencing lte fluctuations. Dial ##778# code 000000 go to modem settings edit mode and switch to reva a, and save and reboot. This should get you through the day and at the end of the day to switch back follow the same procedures but enable ehrpd.

johnd09

Reaction score
You might be experiencing lte fluctuations. Dial ##778# code 000000 go to modem settings edit mode and switch to reva a, and save and reboot. This should get you through the day and at the end of the day to switch back follow the same procedures but enable ehrpd.

+1

Sounds like the LTE your area is associated with may be having problems, and the eHRPD only works when LTE works in the region because they are connected.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sslbaron

Reaction score
*228? That's all I can say.

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

*228 doesn't apply for LTE phones. Doing *228 won't do anything.

Yeah I knew that?..... Thanks for letting me know. I guess I shouldn't be helping people when I can just make things worse :)

sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

lol, don't sweat it. I've read somewhere that you may do more harm than good if you do the *228 thing. When I was activating my phone when I first got it, I was going to do this and the v rep told me never to do it on an LTE phone. She was able to do it on the computer on her end. I guess it can do something to the SIM card. Just my $.02 :)

biglipps66

Reaction score
##778# would be nice to work again... mines been just crashing the process for ages now. *sniff