Possible Fix for falling back to 1x and not holding a 4g/3g connection

DroidStang

Reaction score
home will only pick up verizon towers I belive, auto allows you to jump on different towers as you travel, like my son, has a carry that only is in gulfcoast of mississippi, he came here in NC phone did not work, when set to auto cause a particular carry that does not allow roaming, cost him to use here.

OP
L

lettuce chief

Reaction score
No one else is having the same luck as me? It's only 10 am here and it is still working great.

Ive never had the problem of not being able to connect to a network.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

jmayniac

Reaction score
I'd like to try your solution but I can't even establish a data connection. Wifi is fine, data is ng! Moblie Network keeps flashing between "Connect to Internet" and "Use phone for data connection when wifi is unavailable." I just got the Thunderbolt yesterday so I have absolutely no history with it. But, if it's not me, please tell me what to do!

I had this exact same issue. I called in to Verizon Tech support and they couldn't figure it out. They reset everything and I rebooted like 20 times. Did all combinations of settings in the Thunderbolt, but only after I did a Factory Reset did Data come back. So, if in doubt you probably need to do a Factory Reset.

plongson

Reaction score
4g Problematic?

Is it just me or is 4g kind'a funky...Sometimes it works great and is scream'n fast, other times the internet or sync just sits there and finally times out, all while showing the 4g symbol.

If I flip to WiFi or if on 3g, it trucks right along. If I reboot, and 4g comes up, it seems to refresh and work.

Looks like 4g has a way to go to be super-wazoo...

What say you??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What say I? Right in front of you on the very page you posted this is an existing thread. Which I'm moving you to now. ;)

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'd like to try your solution but I can't even establish a data connection. Wifi is fine, data is ng! Moblie Network keeps flashing between "Connect to Internet" and "Use phone for data connection when wifi is unavailable." I just got the Thunderbolt yesterday so I have absolutely no history with it. But, if it's not me, please tell me what to do!

This is not just you guys. I ran into this issue myself this morning when I left home.

TommyLive

Reaction score
Well guys, the verdict is in and the prize goes to...
jmayniac
I did a factory reset and I'm online without wifi! You guys are nuts, but great. Thanks all, now I don't have to do a drive-by at my Verizon dealer!!

ebay2tr

Reaction score
I was having this exact problem with one slight exception...worked great in 4g ONLY. I live in an area where 4g is very sporadic (the verizon store has 4g so it worked great there; of course) but I had no network anywhere else; no 3g or 1x. I've had the phone for several months with no issues (not counting the occasional auto restarts) until two days ago when the network just suddenly quit working. Tech support is supposed to get back with me in 72 hours but this solution fixed the phone now; woo hoo!

Thanks