1st rom

kingdroid81

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what rom did you first install on your phone after you 1st rooted. I know ALOT of us went through quite a few of them. So people dig deep back in you memory people,and see if you could remember. My first was droidmod ( wonder what happened to them ?).

Sent from my D1.

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what rom did you first install on your phone after you 1st rooted. I know ALOT of us went through quite a few of them. So people dig deep back in you memory people,and see if you could remember. My first was droidmod ( wonder what happened to them ?).

Sent from my D1.

I'll play: Liquid v1.2, but a LOT has changed since then!

Spyder RT

Reaction score
BB just last month. I'm a root noob. I've tried everyone on this forum too.

OP
kingdroid81

kingdroid81

Reaction score
droidmod and i loved it at the time

Yea me too. @ the time I was reading the forums about rooting, I was hesitant @ first but I liked how everyone's phone looked.But I took the plunge and did it. My friends have droids and to this day and they still have the stock launcher on their phones!! I show them mine, and they wonder how I got it that way. Ahh, the wonders of rooting your phone.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cyanogen 6.0 RC....
Still using, but the 6.1.2 stable version....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Started with BBv.4 then jumped over to UD after they came back to DF, been here ever since.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Oh man. I honestly don't remember. I rooted way back when the original exploit was found between the 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 update roughly a year ago. At the time I believe it was the droidmod team but they didn't go by that name. Either that or cyanogenmod. The big deal at the time was the 3d app drawer on the nexus one...oh how times have changed...

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

sandfreak

Reaction score
Rooted about 9 months ago. First rom I used was CyanogenMod 5.

Been through some version of just about every rom in this forum. Been using UD for quite a while now. Waiting for the GB roms before I start flashing like crazy again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

nhepler90

Reaction score
Rooted mine about 5 months ago, ran bugless beast frf84b since, now running ultimate droid 2.3

Sent from your girlfriends house.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
MIUI !!!!! by far the best for change. The others seem so vanilla.

Before miui I was looking at trying to upgrade, or buy a different phone off ebay. Not anymore.

I won't deny it had some quirks. But the quirks are few, or have work arounds. Example, some have complained about the stock messaging, the fix. Use handcent.

Have fun flashing!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

anuraj1

Reaction score
Oh man. I honestly don't remember. I rooted way back when the original exploit was found between the 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 update roughly a year ago. At the time I believe it was the droidmod team but they didn't go by that name. Either that or cyanogenmod. The big deal at the time was the 3d app drawer on the nexus one...oh how times have changed...

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

They were called Sholesmod at the time, and that was my first ROM. Back in the days of entering a whole laundry list of ADB commands to root. Life is so much easier these days with one click root haha. Actually the first one click root tool was the Sholesmod Updater, and it became the number one app on the market. Then the Sholesmod team had a meltdown and a few remaining members created Droidmod.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
TheSteve / some other guys before droidmod when it was sholes mod and the werent a true team yet 2.1 port, with back light issues and other stuff broken last january! lol, had to root the manual way too when i started :D

anuraj1

Reaction score
TheSteve / some other guys before droidmod when it was sholes mod and the werent a true team yet 2.1 port, with back light issues and other stuff broken last january! lol, had to root the manual way too when i started :D

Haha, yeah exactly, that's why I'm okay with kb lights not working on gingerbread roms, we've already been through that once!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
droidmod and i loved it at the time

Yea me too. @ the time I was reading the forums about rooting, I was hesitant @ first but I liked how everyone's phone looked.But I took the plunge and did it. My friends have droids and to this day and they still have the stock launcher on their phones!! I show them mine, and they wonder how I got it that way. Ahh, the wonders of rooting your phone.

Sholesmod was my first rom :D Do you guys remember that one?