1st rom

OP
kingdroid81

kingdroid81

Reaction score
droidmod and i loved it at the time

Yea me too. @ the time I was reading the forums about rooting, I was hesitant @ first but I liked how everyone's phone looked.But I took the plunge and did it. My friends have droids and to this day and they still have the stock launcher on their phones!! I show them mine, and they wonder how I got it that way. Ahh, the wonders of rooting your phone.

Sholesmod was my first rom :D Do you guys remember that one?

Smoked Glass was the shizz back then. I kinda miss the smoked glass theme, but with a little gingerbread thrown in ?. Anyone up to make it rise from the ashes?? That would be kinda cool.. Just a thought.. :motdroidhoriz:

scarabshell

Reaction score
Mine was BB, my final was UD, then I went and upgraded to the DX, kinda regret it just because I liked those roms. Then again I haven't flashed my X yet..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
kingdroid81

kingdroid81

Reaction score
Miui is so stagnant now. They have maybe 4 or 5 themes working well with the current builds. The devs in china have to open it up a bit. Like changing fonts from other roms, themes, etc. I was rockin miui for a few months but i got tired of flashing every week! Thats why I came back to UD. Been a UD fan from the getgo.:)

Axium

Reaction score
think my first one was BB 1.0 or whatever the first one for 1.6 (eclair?) was, sometime around when i registered i think

OP
kingdroid81

kingdroid81

Reaction score
Mine was BB, my final was UD, then I went and upgraded to the DX, kinda regret it just because I liked those roms. Then again I haven't flashed my X yet..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ya know , BB always had that blue thing goin on. I sorta like UD . I think it goes well with the original droid theme. The red and black, etc.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
TheSteve / some other guys before droidmod when it was sholes mod and the werent a true team yet 2.1 port, with back light issues and other stuff broken last january! lol, had to root the manual way too when i started :D

Haha, yeah exactly, that's why I'm okay with kb lights not working on gingerbread roms, we've already been through that once!

Yeap lol, kb hacks, auto bright hacks, audio hacks, omg 5 screen launchers and 7 lol! Installing busybox the long way. Shortly after that i joined BD and have worked with UD since. Wow time flies!

Edit: almost forgot Taz and his oc kernels, the first ones lol. 600 mhz max lol! Nandroid installs! It was so fast! Roflmao!

Sent from my UD 3.0.0 Droid 1!

alscritter

Reaction score
I rooted my droid 1 a while back and started off with Team Chaos (before froyo) and ran RedRum theme. Good times!!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think my first rom was something along the lines of Bugless Beauty. Not sure of the version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dredhead407

Reaction score
My first was sapphire because that's what the guy in the guide was using. But that didn't last long cuz for some reason I had to unroot a really long time ago. I credit my first official rom (as in rom that I used for more than a day) to BB 0.4

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+ 1 for Sholesmod

Back when you had to toggle brightness on and off to get the keyboard backlight to work. The 3D app drawer and Nexus One boot animation was what everyone wanted at the time...and AdamZ made a kernel pack...

shmoo

Reaction score
+1 for sholesmod! It was the chit back in the day lol! I've tried pretty much every ROM out there and am currently on UD, and have been for a long while.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App