1st day with droid im confuse!

OP
K

Kimagure

Reaction score
why is that everytime i run the z4 root it's always stock on "running exploit in order to obtain root access"?

is there a conflict with my root explorer?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
why is that everytime i run the z4 root it's always stock on "running exploit in order to obtain root access"?

Sometimes it takes multiple times to get it to work right. Try a battery pull and re run it, after a few times it should work.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
K

Kimagure

Reaction score

Sometimes it takes multiple times to get it to work right. Try a battery pull and re run it, after a few times it should work.

thank you., is my unit hackable?

patfactorx

Reaction score
Motoblur has an option under the battery settings to set to "Maximum Battery Saver". make sure you check that option, it really does help

carmdac

Reaction score
after reading the above article im so happy i got more tips up there. definitely a little confuse still on going in my mind. but i have my question below

since my unit is motorola defy 2.1 system version: moto_version 2.51.0.MB525 is this rooted? i mean it can be root? coz in the article above 2.1 cant be rooted that's why you need to downgrade 1st to 2.0 to be rooted?

Please: what are the tools that i need for rooting my phone? (pls indicate the download Links) i cannot download through my defy i dont have web access on my defy.

Not neccassarily for rooting, but must haves once rooted: Rom Manager-which allows you easier access to diferrent roms out there and installs for noobs, Super manager- root explore, file explorer and app manager in all w/ god rights, Titanium Backup(TiBu), speaks for itself- restores apps and data after clean wipes and rom installs amongst many other things. Cache Cleaner NG, then there are testing devices such as Quadrant benchmark, Rl Benchmark and Linpack to test speeds of your phone on differant roms and kernals. Shoot me- for taking snapshots of your screens. All of which are available on android.marketplace

OP
K

Kimagure

Reaction score
z4 is not working for me last night until now it always stock on running exploit in order to obtain root access.............. do i need to root my defy first?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
z4 is not working for me last night until now it always stock on running exploit in order to obtain root access.............. do i need to root my defy first?

Z4 is the app to root with. How many times have you tried? It normally freezes a few times (not sure why but ive never had it freeze, its always done it the first time). Just do a battery pull and try again until you get it.

OP
K

Kimagure

Reaction score

Z4 is the app to root with. How many times have you tried? It normally freezes a few times (not sure why but ive never had it freeze, its always done it the first time). Just do a battery pull and try again until you get it.

my version is 2.51 is this rootable? i removed my battery many times but no result.