1930mah battery

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Droid X comes with ta 1570 mah battery. Verizon is supposed to have an extended 1930mah battery that is 1mm thicker and goes for $49.99 on launch day. Is anyone planning on getting this?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
May I ask what/where is your sourcE?

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Droid X comes with ta 1570 mah battery. Verizon is supposed to have an extended 1930mah battery that is 1mm thicker and goes for $49.99 on launch day. Is anyone planning on getting this?

Umm...I may..depends on how much cash i really drop on this phone on launch day.

OP
J

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Source

From an article about the review of the Moto X by Sascha Segan in PC Mag:

The large 1570 mAh battery delivered more than eight hours of talk time in our preliminary tests, and battery tests are still ongoing. I anticipate that this phone will have much better battery life overall than the HTC Evo; the large screen means it will probably still need to be recharged every day, but I'm confident in saying the battery won't be a deal-breaker. An even larger, 1930 mAh extended battery which is 1mm thicker will be available at launch as an add-on accessory.

If you do a Google on: Verizon 1930Mah battery for Droid X, you get multiple hits.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I knew about the battery but I didn't know anything about availability or pricing. That's good to know. I'll do this if/when I can find some way to charge a battery while it's not in the phone. That's been a critical success with my G1 in that both of my cradles (one at home and one at work) can charge a battery not in the G1. This way I can just leave a battery in my phone until it dies and I always have a fully-charged battery ready to go! For that reason alone, charging my phone is rarely something I focus on. I do charge overnight and sometimes while it's sitting on my desk at work, but I don't really have to, and that's nice!

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
That is a great idea, please keep us informed if you find a battery charger for the droid x.

I might get the large battery but prob only after i see if i need it after a week or two with the phone.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
With all these smartphones: the Droid, Inc, EVO, X, Fascinate, etc, u will benefit greately with an extended battery anyway. It wil only add hours to what good battery life the X already has.

PorcPuffer

Reaction score
I guess that is true, Well dang i'm up over a 100$ in accessories for this phone, between extra battery, car mount, case, screen protector....wow it is gonna be an expensive day lol

stevem.fl

Reaction score
I just bought the new 1930 mAh battery. It will be interesting to see the difference. It's slightly thicker and has a new cover to accommodate the thickness, but you can't really tell. My cover fits the same and the phone feels the same.

stevem.fl

Reaction score
First day with new battery

Update: When using my old battery, I did not normally charge the battery while sleeping and I would usually wake up to less than half battery life. Sometimes I would have closer to 50% but I also often had around 30% left with a message telling me to charge the battery.

This was the first morning with my new battery and when I woke up I had closer to 75% battery life left. After I watched a couple of youtube videos and checked Facebook the indicator dropped to around 50%.

So far I'm happy with the new extended life battery.

stevem.fl

Reaction score
New Battery is Great

This new extended battery is great! I haven't gone under 50% since I got it and I was under 50% often with the old battery. I highly recommend it!

howard5674

Reaction score
I bought the slim 1850 battery from verizion an installed the old cover. With the old cover on the new battery, it pushed the battery into the screen .that wasn't a good idea.. I used the new cover an the screen looked fine. Just fyi

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I bought the slim 1850 battery from verizion an installed the old cover. With the old cover on the new battery, it pushed the battery into the screen .that wasn't a good idea.. I used the new cover an the screen looked fine. Just fyi

Wow that sounds scary.