15 Media Players For Your Droid

O

ollymil

Android has been pretty weak in the multimedia department when it first got released, having almost no audio and video codecs besides the basic ones and no good media player apps on the marketplace. That posed quite a problem for a young OS that was meant for the mass market.

But fortunately, things started changing once the operating system became more mainstream. More and more developers started working on apps for the users, and of course, multimedia was a big requirement for them. That’s why now, almost 2 years later, we have a lot of great media players, both for music and video, on the Android marketplace.

Find top 15 Players here :

15 Media Players For Your Droid

Note to Mod.: I request Please not remove this post, I am writer of this article and publish on 3rd Party site!

OP
O

ollymil

Yes PowerAMP is really good player at the moment and it's have some great features! For me Real Player is good for PC not Android Phones for me! For me Meridian Player is all time favourite for me and I'm really addicted to Meridian Player.:)

phrozen087

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to say I don't really agree with that list at all as the best. I use PlayerPro for my music and RockPlayer for video. I would strongly argue these are some of the best, if not the best, players on the market. PowerAMP has a good equalizer, but I found the genre sorting to be real bad and this is one of my main methods of getting to my tunes. And while I know how RockPlayer deals with their app is kinda annoying, there are few video players on the market that even compare and the players you listed can't play anything other than the standard mp4s. The only other video player that even holds a candle is vPlayer (I'm still waiting for it to be fixed for the D2 but the dev said its coming!) and I don't see that on the list either. I'll accept that vPlayer is still beta, but I'm pretty surprised to not see the other 2.

OP
O

ollymil

Well RockPlayer is ok for me but I have to say vPlayer is good apps for me, I started using it for week now but didn't put it this list as I already completed the research about players! Also it's still beta stage so wait for more updates in vPlayer.:)

OP
O

ollymil

I use Arcmedia for video and poweramp for music

Droidforums.net appified!
Well I yet to use Arcmedia, will you share download link or marketplace link to add it!

Thanks in advance.