Top Media Players Of 2010

M

Mattjames

As you may know, Android is a relatively new operating system that has been around for only 1 year (yes, the first release was in October 2009). In that time, it has managed to grow into a competitive OS that is installed on dozens of devices from a wide variety of manufacturers and has over 80,000 apps on its marketplace. That is at the very least impressive, and I’m sure you’ll agree.

The Android OS had one big weakness in the beginning, and that was its complete lack of support for advanced multimedia. There were no 3D drivers, no audio recording capabilities, and more importantly, no good codecs and media players for Android that would use them to play back audio and video files. And multimedia is a very important part of every smart phone owner’s life – how can you have a smart phone that is not able to play your favorite music and movies?

In this article I'll review 4 Apps which released in 2010 which are RockPlayer, Cube, Astro Beta Player and DoubleTwist.

:greendroid: Top Media Players Of 2010 :greendroid:

Publish under Admin Guideline.

OP
O

ollymil

Now add one more player in your list which is looking excellent for me and it is PowerAMP.

sir2545

Reaction score
+1 for PowerAmp...its hands down the best.....FINALLY! An EQ!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droidbionic

Reaction score
1) PowerAMP music player
2) Lithium Music Player
3) Stock Android music player

Sent from my Motorola Droid using Tapatalk Pro v1.8.4

OP
M

Mattjames

Yes PowerAmp is hot right now and I can say it's best among all media players.:)

fluidj

Reaction score
The stock music app in the Samsung Fascinate is perfection.....

OP
M

Mattjames

Well I yet to use stock music app but will surly try it.:) I also heard positive things from others. :)

aarkay06

Reaction score
I've used power amp. Its great and all but it takes much more cpu to run than almost any other player (compared winamp, stock, mort, mixzing, cubed, dtwist with eq off when applicable). More cpu means more power. In this test winner was mort, mort doesn't have eq but default is good enough for me

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kennyb

Reaction score
I like doubletwist.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
As you may know, Android is a relatively new operating system that has been around for only 1 year (yes, the first release was in October 2009).

I just have to clear up one thing... the Android OS has been around a lot longer than a year, closer to 2. The G1 (the first Android phone) was released October 2008. Android 2.0 is a year old (as of today when the D1 was released).