What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.12 released

YIKES!!!!!!

I don't want it.

I just froze the updater app using titanium backup. I hope that is enough to prevent an OTA.

People over there say it is two files. The first is 7 mb and the second Is 300 mb.

I'm afraid that 7mb file is something bad, like a new firmware to eliminate rooting, turn off s-off, or anything else Verizon has thought of to lock down the rezound and drive us crazy.

I remember the last OTA update on my Motorola Droid x, which came with a new bootloader that caused much grief and work to get root again.

I also saw that the .12 is similar to the .10 leak. Same kernel and same radio firmware.

Howard
 
Last edited:
Can someone post the screen shots from AC in here? I'm not a member over there.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.
 
So far it's only one guy that swears he got this OTA. I'm still skeptical until we see more. So keep your pants on people. And to those with the .10 leak, you may or may not get the .12 if it is truly the OTA. You may not even want it as it was released a while ago but reportedly only a small bug fix patch.
 
I have some negative feelings towards Android police.

Someone in Verizon gave the .12 ruu zip file to Android police a few weeks ago. Then AP decides not to publish it, which is very weird. Why not?

Then AP gives the .12 ruu zip file to one individual who makes a Rom from it, but he refuses several requests to publish the ruu file on the forums. He gives people a Rom, but won't give people the ruu.

Then people including myself think he fabricated the .12, so he gets someone to post claiming to be AP who says essentially that .12 has so little change from .10 that it is a waste of time, effort, internet bandwidth to share the ruu.

Essentially the ruu is worthless and a waste if time, but everyone should use the Rom based on the ruu because? well I didn't get an answer to that question.

Anyway, it is nice that AP helps to distribute ruu file leaks, but I do not like that in this case AP decided to withhold it and give it to exactly one developer at xda.
 
Last edited:
My phone says in the status that the 7mb file is there. Hasn't donwloaded yet because the status part is left blank. I restarted my phone and it won't let me check new. what do I do? :/
 
Back
Top