100% Charge In 15 Minutes Coming To The OPPO Find 9!?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The latest innovation in battery tech for smartphones has not been in the battery itself, but rather in the speed at which it that battery charges. OEMs have also increased battery sizes to try to improve battery life which has worked out pretty well. Most modern smartphones with some sort of rapid charge built in can get a 50% charge in about 30 minutes. This is pretty common now. Battery life doesn't matter as much when you can charge your battery this quickly.

OPPO however is looking to one up current fast charging technology with the release of the Find 9. According to sources the device may include the "Super VOOC Flash Charge" Tech announced at MWC earlier this year. The technology would allow the Find 9's 2500mah battery to charge from 0%-100% in only 15 minutes. The test battery at MWC was 2500mah, but hopefully the Find 9 will sport a larger battery.

via KKJ

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

The latest innovation in battery tech for smartphones has not been in the battery itself, but rather in the speed at which it that battery charges. OEMs have also increased battery sizes to try to improve battery life which has worked out pretty well. Most modern smartphones with some sort of rapid charge built in can get a 50% charge in about 30 minutes. This is pretty common now. Battery life doesn't matter as much when you can charge your battery this quickly.

OPPO however is looking to one up current fast charging technology with the release of the Find 9. According to sources the device may include the "Super VOOC Flash Charge" Tech announced at MWC earlier this year. The technology would allow the Find 9's 2500mah battery to charge from 0%-100% in only 15 minutes. The test battery at MWC was 2500mah, but hopefully the Find 9 will sport a larger battery.

via KKJ
You know, fast charging of Lithium Ion batteries is old news. Just ask anyone who spends a lot of time with RC cats and the like. Charging rate has always been identified as a multiple of C, where C is the battery's rated capacity. So a 3,000mAh battery charged at 3,000mAh (or 3 amps), would be charging at 1C rate. It's not uncommon for Lithium Ion batteries to be charged at 2C or faster, but their lifespan suffers greatly for such fast rate charging. What's changed in the very recent past with charging is carefully devised and administered charging algorithms designed to do less harm while safely increasing charging rate and decreasing charging time.

Still like said, if it only takes 15-30 minutes to charge completely, most will not complain about the significant reduction of runtime as the battery losses capacity over time. Even I, perhaps the most passionate in this forum about battery care would begin to feel less apprehension about diminishing runtime if charging time is reduced to these extremely short spans. If it normally lasted for an entire day on just an overnight charge but now required a charging at say 6pm to get me through the night, but it only took 15 minutes to accomplish this, then it's not a terrible inconvenience. In that scenario I would even be less concerned with the actual battery size supplied, that is unless I'm away from any viable power source in which case runtime still wins over charge time. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree, quick charge is old news. I don't always have the means to charge my device during the day, so whether it charges in 90 min or 15 is irrelevant. Sure it's nice, but I still prefer a device that lasts all day with heavy use.

S5 tap'n

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You know, fast charging of Lithium Ion batteries is old news. Just ask anyone who spends a lot of time with RC cats and the like. Charging rate has always been identified as a multiple of C, where C is the battery's rated capacity. So a 3,000mAh battery charged at 3,000mAh (or 3 amps), would be charging at 1C rate. It's not uncommon for Lithium Ion batteries to be charged at 2C or faster, but their lifespan suffers greatly for such fast rate charging. What's changed in the very recent past with charging is carefully devised and administered charging algorithms designed to do less harm while safely increasing charging rate and decreasing charging time.

Still like said, if it only takes 15-30 minutes to charge completely, most will not complain about the significant reduction of runtime as the battery losses capacity over time. Even I, perhaps the most passionate in this forum about battery care would begin to feel less apprehension about diminishing runtime if charging time is reduced to these extremely short spans. If it normally lasted for an entire day on just an overnight charge but now required a charging at say 6pm to get me through the night, but it only took 15 minutes to accomplish this, then it's not a terrible inconvenience. In that scenario I would even be less concerned with the actual battery size supplied, that is unless I'm away from any viable power source in which case runtime still wins over charge time. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now I'd love to see an RC Cat race.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That damnedest autocorrect...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk