10% in 6 minutes???

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Def need to root man. Throw an AOSP on their with a fitting kernal. You'll be amazed. I'm getting 28-30 hours on a single charge with CM7 and Invisiblek's newest kernal.

Pleasen.

sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible

Dang... I'd definitely root for 28-30 hours haha. I just dont wanna brick my phone, and I'm still kind out confused on how to actually root... I've read a ton of guides, but it still seems complicated...

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Its very simple and straight fwd. The terminology is just intimidating.

If you have questions PM me. I can help u do it over gtalk.

kmo

Reaction score
If you follow the step by step detailed instructions you should have no issues rooting....it's a blast having a phone that you control when to update with new roms and not controlled by a manufacturer or VZW as to who gets it and when. :)

Last edited:
OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I saw the guide for unrEVOked, but does actually just rooting it do anything for you?

Don't you have to download ROM's and Kernel's for your phone to actually do something?

And can anybody help me with the terminology? Like, I kind of know what ROM is, but I'm not sure. I also have no idea what a Kernel is.

And if I do root my phone, then I plan on waiting a few days, I heard that 2.3 is supposed to be pushed to the masses on Monday. Nobody quote me on this, it's just what I heard.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rooting does not make a difference in battery life. I don't care if you underclock or overclock and say it's 7 O'clock.

Rooting is not the answer to all issues, I really wish people who are rooted would stop preaching like it is. 70% of you have no idea how you rooted in the first place.

Battery will drop off to 90% in 10 minutes, that is normal. Doesn't mean you are at 90% just lest then 100%.

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Rooting does not make a difference in battery life. I don't care if you underclock or overclock and say it's 7 O'clock.

Rooting is not the answer to all issues, I really wish people who are rooted would stop preaching like it is. 70% of you have no idea how you rooted in the first place.

Battery will drop off to 90% in 10 minutes, that is normal. Doesn't mean you are at 90% just lest then 100%.

Thank you, Hookbill. Is your phone rooted? And if it is, do you prefer it that way? Even with the POSSIBILITY of 2.3 coming out later this month? :blink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Hookbill. Is your phone rooted? And if it is, do you prefer it that way? Even with the POSSIBILITY of 2.3 coming out later this month? :blink:

I'm not rooted at this moment, because I'm anticipating 2.3 for the D2. But I do root and I overclock when I do it. I can assure you that my now unrooted phone's battery isn't lasting any longer then when I was rooted.

I really don't know when 2.3 will be out for the Incredible. Sorry.

OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

I'm not rooted at this moment, because I'm anticipating 2.3 for the D2. But I do root and I overclock when I do it. I can assure you that my now unrooted phone's battery isn't lasting any longer then when I was rooted.

Hopefully it comes for the Incredible soon lol. And thanks for the info. If my phone doesn't end up getting the push for 2.3 soon, then I think I'll root it.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

I'd blame your moto for ALL UR battery life issues. They are garbage. my rooted incredible gets over 24hrs on a single charge. Daily. Normal usage. You must be part of that 70% who has no clue about root.

Braves.

Root AND run an AOSP W/ AN UNDERCLOCKED KERNAL LIKE INVISIBLEKS.

IT WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE from unrooted stock.

Last edited:
OP
Bravesfan319

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

I'd blame your moto for ALL UR battery life issues. They are garbage. my rooted incredible gets over 24 on a single charge. Daily. Normal usage. You must be part of that 70% who has no clue about root.

Braves.

I have absolutely no idea what AOSP, Underclocked, and invisibleks means... lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'd blame your moto for ALL UR battery life issues. They are garbage. my rooted incredible gets over 24 on a single charge. Daily. Normal usage. You must be part of that 70% who has no clue about root.

Braves.

AOSP Is android open source project.
Underclock means to run your cpu at a reduced speed to save battery.
A kernel allows you to underclock. That's as simple as I can make it

Sent from my rooted DROID2

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

Braves.

Go here. This is CM7. (Cyanogenmod).

There's a link to invisibleks kernal in this thread. Make an account at the xda site.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916881

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'd blame your moto for ALL UR battery life issues. They are garbage. my rooted incredible gets over 24hrs on a single charge. Daily. Normal usage. You must be part of that 70% who has no clue about root.

Braves.

I don't have any problems with my battery life. Who said I did?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hey hook, when do you think the d2 will be getting an ota? I thought we still had some time to wait?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

jdshort2010

Reaction score
I would just recommend getting an extended battery. You can find them cheap online or just get one from Verizon. It was worth if for me verses dealing with the headache on constantly charging to keep up with the horrible stock battery life.