02/03

JollyRoger

Reaction score
If there is no Froyo by 02/03/11, I will be moving to the iPhone. It's what I've wanted for a good long time. I got the Fascinate since it was a close resemblance to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I like this phone, just wanting something that I have been wanting all along.

Sent from my Fascinate using DroidForum App

Last edited:

Luke949

Reaction score
Cool story bro!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fishmstr

Reaction score
WHY the Iphone 4 is the biggest piece of garbage around. Great as an Ipod Touch but horrible as a phone.

Overcomer

Reaction score
If there is no Froyo by 02/03/11, I will be moving to the iPhone. It's what I've wanted for a good long time. I got the Fascinate since it was a close resemblance to the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, I like this phone, just wanting something that I have been wanting all along.

If it's what you have been wanting then go for it. Are you still in your WFG period, or will you buy the iPhone outright?

Personally I have an iPad and I love it. I use it every day. I also have a Fascinate stuck on 2.1 and I love it too. I'm addicted to both and think I will live to talk about it :icon_ banana:...

It will be interesting for sure next month to see the "real" response once the iPhone is actually available...or maybe it's release is like Froyo for us SF people...LOL!

OP
JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Reaction score

If it's what you have been wanting then go for it. Are you still in your WFG period, or will you buy the iPhone outright?

Personally I have an iPad and I love it. I use it every day. I also have a Fascinate stuck on 2.1 and I love it too. I'm addicted to both and think I will live to talk about it :icon_ banana:...

It will be interesting for sure next month to see the "real" response once the iPhone is actually available...or maybe it's release is like Froyo for us SF people...LOL!

My biggest issue is the marketplace. I know, I know, the Android Marketplace is unrestricted, but when I'm there, it is full of crap apps. Most of which I would never use. They also seem to be the secondary option for app makers. Most of the good apps hit the iTunes marketplace first. Some never make it to Android (CNN, a number of cool games for example). I like my phone now, but all this rooting stuff just to get caught up is not my cup of tea. I like my phone ready to go out of the box. I'm not the dev type, nor am I interested in digging deeper into my phone. I appreciate those that do, it's just not for me. iPhones are easy for me to use, and I've had an iPod Touch for a long time and am familiar with how the operating system works. To each their own i guess.

I've just been nothing but disappointed in Samsung's and VZW's treatment of updating the Fascinate. All I saw in August and September, on TV, were Fascinate commercials. They touted this phone big time! And now we still have yet to get the latest updated software. They let that phone out before considering whether or not they could be timely in updating it. They rushed it to get their claws in to us as a consumer, before th iPhone dropped (simply my opinion of course), not really knowing if they could keep the thing updated. Now all we hear is that Samsung is still testing it. Really? Something that was heavily marketed back in the summer, developed over the last 10-12 months and you had no idea if it would even handle Froyo? I wouldn't release a product if I knew it wasn't ready to handle any software updates. I can't get some of the decent apps on the Droid market because I don't run 2.2. I can't get the latest update for Youtube, I can't see flash driven websites, and my signal strength is crap, to say the least, so this in turn kills my battery. 2.2 was supposed to fix all of this. I'm being as patient as I can and waiting to see what happens over the next few weeks. Sorry to ramble on llike that but it's just how i feel. Which is the same as some of you others.

Overcomer

Reaction score
My biggest issue is the marketplace. I know, I know, the Android Marketplace is unrestricted, but when I'm there, it is full of crap apps. Most of which I would never use. They also seem to be the secondary option for app makers. Most of the good apps hit the iTunes marketplace first. Some never make it to Android (CNN, a number of cool games for example). I like my phone now, but all this rooting stuff just to get caught up is not my cup of tea. I like my phone ready to go out of the box. I'm not the dev type, nor am I interested in digging deeper into my phone. I appreciate those that do, it's just not for me. iPhones are easy for me to use, and I've had an iPod Touch for a long time and am familiar with how the operating system works. To each their own i guess.

I agree with you on the market place...there is a lot of garbage out there. I personally feel the same way about the AppStore with Apple. Well over 90% of what is out there does not interest me...and a few of the apps I have are just ok. I personally think there is greater potential over the long haul with Google and their marketplace. I also think that a lot of us on these boards are power users at some level and expect more anyway.

Either way it's not a bad choice IMO...worst case scenario you flip flop between the two OS's...

Marklar45

Reaction score
I hope that all the Ifools that move to Vzw don't cause all the problems att is having with their network. I left att because a crap service and I don't want it ruined again on a new network.

Madwicket

Reaction score
And you felt the reason to explain this because...

joshk707

Reaction score
Opinion

Even the Fascinate running outdated o.s. is still a million times better then the iPhone 4 will ever be. I'm trying to not let this bother me but Verizon disappointed me with this decision, they don't need iPhone with android. Oh well...

GDP

Reaction score
Even the Fascinate running outdated o.s. is still a million times better then the iPhone 4 will ever be. I'm trying to not let this bother me but Verizon disappointed me with this decision, they don't need iPhone with android. Oh well...

Of course they don't "need" the iphone. However, they can make millions or even billions of dollars from having it on their network. I'm assuming that has something to do with it

M

Mwsr

Ya I might go iphone also have had tons of problems with this phone.. they are sending me out another fascinate tomorrow

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Of course they don't "need" the iphone. However, they can make millions or even billions of dollars from having it on their network. I'm assuming that has something to do with it

lots of money i'm sure.

oh hey, everyone play nice. no reason to get angry at one another.

soccerdon1981

Reaction score
I can't get some of the decent apps on the Droid market because I don't run 2.2. I can't get the latest update for Youtube, I can't see flash driven websites, and my signal strength is crap, to say the least, so this in turn kills my battery. 2.2 was supposed to fix all of this. I'm being as patient as I can and waiting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Oh, I didn't realize the iPhone had flash support! ;)

Lol...that's funny to me. Good luck with your new adventure on 2/3/11!

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk