Your top 15 apps?

dantrona

Reaction score
Hey there fellow Droid Fans. I have found out (through rather unmentionable ways) that I will be getting a Droid :motdroidvert: for christmas. What I need to know is what apps I should get, What are your favorite, and what are the most needed ones you think, A brief description would be awesome if your able to just so I have an idea and start loading it up on that special day. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

djtrype

Reaction score
WaveSecure - Lose or have your phone stolen, track it, lock it and back up your information remotely
Where - Find pretty much anything, anywhere
SportsTap - For the average or not-so average sports fan, keep scores of your favorite teams
Open Table - Reserve a table at your favorite restaurant
Ringdroid - Create ringtones using mp3s already on your SD card
WiFinder - Locate WiFi hotspots
Unavailable - Set an away message for your text messages
Mobile Banking (depends on if supported by your bank) - Check accounts, transfer and pay bills

And all of these apps are free.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YOUMAIL!!! is my number one fav lol
handcent
apps organizer
gameboid
snesoid
mount usb
pro zoom camera 5x
droidlive
shazam
mabilo ringtones
inventory droid
zilch
cashcow
ambling book player
:D yur gonna luv yur droid!! i dont know how yur gonna make it clear to christmas!! lol

OP
dantrona

dantrona

Reaction score
Thanks a whole lot there djtrype, Those sound all very helpful. Corinacakes, I have no ideas what those do, I just have to take stabs at what they do or search them up on andolib.com

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well when you first get your phone yur gonna be really tempted to dl visual voicemail. dont do it!! it's 2.99 per month and doesn't have NEAR the options that youmail has. youmail is free and it has great options...you can assign different greeting to certain contacts. i assigned a "this phone has been disconnected..." to one person i hate lol. go check it out at youmail.com !! it rocks lol

the gameboid and snesboid allow me to play games like super mario and zelda.

if there are anymore you dont feel like searching for on yur phone....there's a website called androlib that lists all the applications in the market. much faster than using the phone market! gl~

OP
dantrona

dantrona

Reaction score
Thats what I am doing now, going through the andolib =) I'm sadly upgrading from a 7 year old enV1 =P Was really waiting for the nvidia tegra or the iPhone, but got fed up. I think I made a good choice asking for this.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
omfg dont be sad yur finally upgrading !! yur gonna be in heaven!!

OP
dantrona

dantrona

Reaction score
any accessories I should get? I was thinking about the phone dock. Any screen protector that has been found particularily awesome?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
siedio innocase has been raved on in this forum....i haven't ordered it yet. i did buy the snap on case from verizon and immediately abandoned it. i also bought the screen protectors from the verizon store and they SUCK!!! within a week the top right corner comes off and catches in my hair. i ordered and received the zagg screen protector but i haven't put it on yet....i'm just waiting and watching this forum to see the gripes about siedio. i ordered the blueant q1 which i also heard much about in this forum....i haven't received it yet but im excited to be able to stream my podcasts or droidlive programs thru it. i also ordered a bluetooth gamepad that i'm DYING to see lol.

the cardock is a must!! i wouldn't bother with the other dock as you can dl the app to put yur phone on night free...you'll just need a stand which there's lots to choose from already talked about in this forum

justicw

Reaction score
I tried to go to andolib.com but couldn't get there. whats the FQDN for andolib?

Baconstrip

Reaction score
I love my multimedia dock. In fact I have 2 of them. One for my nightstand, one at work. The one at work is especially nice because I can listen to music while it stays charged, and I can just sit at my desk and use the phone with my finger. Using my phone on the clock is a lot less conspicuoius when I don't have to pick the thing up and stare down at it! <3 the dock. I also really want a car dock..

As for screen protectors, DONT DO IT! I've been using my droid naked since the day I got it and the screen is still absolutely flawless. Any finger prints wipe off with a shirtsleeve, and there is absolutely no way you're going to scratch the screen save taking a diamond to it. Someone even made a video of them mercilessly attacking the screen with keys, and it didn't make a single blemish on the screen.

Zero need for a screen protector. Don't ruin the beautiful image with a layer of plastic... and don't let anyone tell you that it won't make a difference... any degradation whatsoever of the beautiful screen should not be desired. The amazing screen is probably the biggest strength of this phone :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Touchdown
home++
apporganizer
Estrong File Explorer
MotoTorch
Pro Zoom Camera
StreamFurious
Docs2go
gdocs Notepad
Pandora

Starsushi

Reaction score
AK Notepad
Audio Manager
Aurora
Backgrounds
Battery Status
Car Locator*
Compass
Dolphin Browser
Flashlight
Handcent
Lookout
Meridian Music Player
Not Call Log
Ring Toggle
Ring Droid
Screen Mode Widget
Send Contact*
Trapster
US Traffic

* = paid apps

ice456789

Reaction score
Stuff that EVERY Droid should have;

Handcent SMS - Puts Messenger, Google Talk, Google Voice messages all in one place with speech to text and pop ups.
Screebl - Saves battery and reduces frustration. Keeps your screen on while you're reading, turns it off when you're done automatically. It KNOWS when you're not reading. ;)
Apps Organizer - Put one icon on your screen, but get quick access to your apps. Like folders but with customizable icons, and ability to close once you select one. For instance, I have a 'Games' button on my home screen that pops up all my games when I press it. Simple!
Barcode Scanner - No droid should be without this. Scan QR codes off websites like Androlib
A file explorer (Either ES or Astro) - Don't know why the Droid didn't come with an explorer. Either of these does the job well.

Stuff you'll probably want to get;
Pandora - If you've never tried it, then you need to right now. I have my phone playing Pandora through my bluetooth car stereo constantly. Never have hiccups and it sounds great.
A home replacement - Home++, Panda are the favorite free ones, GDE costs $3.25. All are very good. They allow you more screens, more options, and fantastic customizability. Which one you go with all depends on you, none is 'better' than the others.
SNESoid lite - How would you like to play every SNES game ever invented on your Droid? There's an app for that (but not on the iphone)!