Yes I like Sense UI and want it on a D2G.

Soucouant61

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new global phone. Wanted the Merge or D2G. I really like sense but live using Google maps day in and day out. The Merge supposedly it tied to Bing so that a big negative. However, I really like sense. Any roms, themes, loaders that can give me sense on a D2G?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new global phone. Wanted the Merge or D2G. I really like sense but live using Google maps day in and day out. The Merge supposedly it tied to Bing so that a big negative. However, I really like sense. Any roms, themes, loaders that can give me sense on a D2G?

Well you can get a D2G and get the donate version on LauncherPro which will give you the sense-like widgets, he created them to look identical and do all of the same things. Also the on screen sense keyboard can be downloaded from somewhere... don't remember where. As far as a whole sense rom, I wouldn't hold your breathe for it. There isn't even a stable one out for the D1 which is way more supported.

menoarenoniceguy

Reaction score
The other option is to get the Merge and just download google maps/other google apps from the market

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then you could even root it and remove Bing if you see fit. A droid just isn't a droid without Google search and maps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score

Well you can get a D2G and get the donate version on LauncherPro which will give you the sense-like widgets, he created them to look identical and do all of the same things. Also the on screen sense keyboard can be downloaded from somewhere... don't remember where. As far as a whole sense rom, I wouldn't hold your breathe for it. There isn't even a stable one out for the D1 which is way more supported.

I guess I should take a closer look at at LP. I have no problem paying for the app if it does what I want.

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
The other option is to get the Merge and just download google maps/other google apps from the market

Saw a youtube where accessing google app on the Binged Facinate still routed through Bing. Will have to do more research.

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Then you could even root it and remove Bing if you see fit. A droid just isn't a droid without Google search and maps.

I thought the new Moto Droids could not be rooted. Something call FUSE?

qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; }
copy.png
favicon.ico

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I thought the new Moto Droids could not be rooted. Something call FUSE?

I have a rooted droid X. eFuse is supposed to prevent you from installing a customer rom by checking certain points in bootup against what's on the chip. If any indiscretion is detected it effectively locks up the phone. Also the Merge is made by HTC and there for is almost identical to the G2 from T-Mobile and that phone is NAND locked but even that has been rooted successfully last I heard.