yahoo e-mail

jctjr33

Reaction score
having a problem!! had to change out my moto droid for a new one and the new one wont let me add my yahoo accounts. the old one did it fine. tech support tried to help me for an hour and we just couldn't get it to work .. and that was one of the things i like was being able to check my e-mail .. any help to work with this problem would be appreciated..:mad:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get mine working from day one. No matter what I try it just says "username or password incorrect".

OP
J

jctjr33

Reaction score
i just got it to work ..i had to go into my yahoo. account and change my settings in it.. adn change the account to a pop3. but to do that i had to change my location to asia on the yahoo settings
Yahoo POP3 and SMTP Settings:

Find below the basic POP3 settings that you need to configure in the email program where you want to access Yahoo mails.
  • Incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
  • Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
  • Account Name/Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without the “@yahoo.com”)
  • Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (e.g., [email protected])
  • Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
Note that you also need to enable “Web & POP Access” on your Yahoo Mail account to send and receive Yahoo! Mail messages through any other email program.
pop3-yahoo-smtp.jpg
  • Log on to your Yahoo mail account
  • If you’re using the new Yahoo Mail interface, Click “Options” in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose “Mail Options” from the pull-down menu and On the left side of the page, select the “POP & Forwarding” option.If you’re using the original Mail interface, click “Mail Options” in the upper-right corner of the page, then click the “POP Access and Forwarding” link.
  • On the “Pop Access and Forwarding” page, choose the “Web & POP Access” section.
Next you need to configure your Yahoo POP3 and SMTP settings into your other mail program, to access Yahoo mails via the other program.
How to configure in Gmail, Yahoo POP3 and SMTP settings to read and reply

i hope it works for you.. it did for me.. thanks

OP
J

jctjr33

Reaction score
this is how to change ur yahoo account
icon4.gif
How To: Set Up Yahoo Mail to work thru GMail
A lot of people have been complaining on not being able to get Yahoo Mail working on their Droid's. So here is a work around for you.

To enable the POP3 access for your free yahoo mail account, all you have to change is the preferred content, setting it to Asia.
Step 1
Select Options->Mail Options, then Account, followed by “Add or edit an account”.
add_or_edit_account2.jpg

Image 1: Don't be afraid to click the "Add or edit an account" link. It will take you to the old Yahoo Mail interface, but this change is only temporary.

Step 2
Select, the Accounts link on the left of the windows that opens. From the window that opens, select “Account Information” on the left. Then, set: Preferred Content: Yahoo Asia, by clicking on the Edit link, like in this screenshot:
yahoo_account_options.png

Step 3
Logout and login.

Then, you can enable POP access and change settings, by clicking, from the mail inbox:

Options -> Mail Options -> POP & Forwarding
yahoomail_pop_options.png