Xt912

tha rockstar

Reaction score
When i have my phone plugged to my PC tha Wizard opens to install XT912 software and i choose tha top one(auto) and click next. Then it says cannot install. How do i install it?

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
When i connect my phone to my PC tha Wizard prompts to install XT912. I choose automatically install, and then it says cannot install. How do i install it to my PC

SallyC

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I first connected my Razr to my PC so refresh my memory. What software are you trying to install - MotoCast? Or are these usb drivers so your pc can see your phone? It would be helpful to get more info including which program is giving you the error and exactly what it says.

As a general principal, be sure you are using the USB cable that came with your phone, are not trying to connect though a hub, and have disabled anti-virus, spyware and firewall software that might be trying to block access.

OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
USB drivers so PC can see my phone. Everything else is ok except installing XT912. And im getting MotoHelper Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. I hit debug on it and dont send but it keeps popping up all tha time

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I clicked tha link provided and its not showing any drivers
When I click on the link I see this:

[h=1]MOTOROLA DEVICE MANAGER[/h]
Motorola Device Manager contains USB drivers and software to connect your Motorola phone or tablet to your computer via USB cable. For certain Android-powered devices, Motorola Device Manager can also update your software.
[h=1]System Requirements:[/h]
Windows®Mac OS X®
Windows XP®(SP3 or greater)Mac OS® 10.5.8 Leopard
Windows Vista®Mac OS® 10.6 Snow Leopard
Windows 7®Mac OS® 10.7 Lion
Works with devices running Android®, Motorola OS, or Windows Mobile® operating systemWorks with devices running

SallyC

Reaction score
On Motorola's site, I found this under I connected my device to my computer and nothing happened. How do I get MotoCast USB to launch?

Note: The below instructions are applicable to Windows users only.

If you connected your device to your computer and MotoCast USB is not launching, it is possible that the device drivers are stuck in an error or MotoCast’s MotoHelper Service is not running. To determine which issue is causing this, review the steps below:

1. Start by opening the Device Manager on your computer.
On Windows XP:

To open Device Manager, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

On Windows 7 or Vista:

To open Device Manager, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Select System and Security and then DeviceManager.

2. Once you are in the Device Manager, expand the section called Network Adapters. If the Motorola Networking device shows up with a yellow exclamation point, then your device driver is stuck. If not, then this section does not apply and you should proceed to Step 3.
In order to clear the error, you have to make sure that you close any applications that hold an exclusive lock on the Mass Storage interface of the device. This can happen if you use your phone as a flash drive, directly accessing content on the device’s storage card via a desktop application. Common applications that can do this, but are not limited to, are: Excel, Word, DOS prompt at the Mass Storage drive of the device’s memory card. Try closing any of those applications and the exclamation point should go away and the error should clear.

3. Another possibility is that MotoCast’s MotoHelper service is not running. To determine if this is the case, run the Windows Services tool.

On Windows XP:

Click Start, and then click Run. Type services.msc in the field. Look at the list of services and find MotoHelper Service. Mark sure the status is “Started.” If not, double-click it, then start the service.

On Windows 7 or Vista:

Click Start, and type services.msc in the search field. Look at the list of services and find MotoHelper Service. Mark sure the status is “Started.” If not, double-click it, then start the service.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

SallyC

Reaction score
OP
T

tha rockstar

Reaction score
Nothing is showing up on my phone. Jjust says motorola> support> software and drivers. But its not showing anything

PrymalDark

Reaction score
I tested the link on my phone, and I see what you mean. Apparently Motorola's mobile website will not display the content. What you must do is click the link to view the "full desktop site ". The download choices will be available from the full site. Just did so on my XT912, and have just completed the download as well.

Hope this helps,
Prymal'Dark