Xoom Speaker Dock and Keyboard

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I purchased the regular dock so I could just charge it. I was hoping it would work like my Droid 1 dock where it just sort of drops on it very easily and would put up a big clock by default. It doesnt do any of that... When placing it on the dock its a little difficult to line up, and the clock doesnt load up by default, which is hella lame!

Skip the docks on this device... for now!

Try Plug in launcher It automatically launches certain apps when you plug in a power cable or head phones.

socomfort

Reaction score
More info please

So this dock is getting returned. It works good as a speaker, but bad as a dock. The final straw is the fact that when you try to remove the xoom from the dock, the dock will stay connected to the xoom. So now its a pain to put on and take off the dock.

I have a Jambox (from jawbone) and I'll just keep using that as my speaker.
Great video xxraffyxx. You didn't test the HDMI video out capability which PC Mag found the best reason to buy the dock. can you or someone else speak to that feature about the Xoom speaker dock?

Also, when using the Xoom dock can the speakers be disabled so you can use the Jambox wireless speaker? How does the sound from each compare to one another?

Thaanks for your help.

JawboneFan

Reaction score
Ever thought about purchasing a wireless speaker? JAMBOX by Jawbone is the perfect Bluetooth speaker to play wireless audio from on your Xoom or any other device. It is easy to connect and the sound quality is outstanding.
Jawbone JAMBOX Wireless Speaker  |  Hi-Fi, Stereo, Speakerphone & more