X2 not playing .mp3 files

DylanAZ

Reaction score
For some reason, my X2 is giving me an error anytime I try to play an mp3 file that I have downloaded onto my phone from my computer.. the error I get is 'the audio player does not support this type of audio file'

I know there is no problem with the files, because I can download them onto my original droid and play them just fine, and they play fine on my computer as well. I have tried using different music apps other than the stock one that comes on the phone, and I still get an error. Also, I have tried rebooting the phone, which does nothing. And for some reason I have one mp3 file that I can play out of about 25.. but I cant figure out what about the file is different than any of the others.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

OP
D

DylanAZ

Reaction score
I have tried that several times, and I am still getting the same error.

pendetim

Reaction score
For some reason, my X2 is giving me an error anytime I try to play an mp3 file that I have downloaded onto my phone from my computer.. the error I get is 'the audio player does not support this type of audio file'

I know there is no problem with the files, because I can download them onto my original droid and play them just fine, and they play fine on my computer as well. I have tried using different music apps other than the stock one that comes on the phone, and I still get an error. Also, I have tried rebooting the phone, which does nothing. And for some reason I have one mp3 file that I can play out of about 25.. but I cant figure out what about the file is different than any of the others.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I think you want th free version of Remote Wave Remote Wave Free for Android | AppBrain.com

It worked for me to listen to Voice Mail attachments.

Tim

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I have the DX and am contemplating the DX2. My homemade ringtones are mp3s, and want to know if they will work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

spencerb

Reaction score
I think you want th free version of Remote Wave Remote Wave Free for Android | AppBrain.com

It worked for me to listen to Voice Mail attachments.

Tim

I am having the exact same problem with my x2. I am unable to open .wav files that are sent to me via my gmail account. These are phone messages that I need to have. I had an X and a blackberry and had no problems. It is the exact same issue.
At verizon store yesterday for 45 minutes, 1st with store personnel, then up to different level for support via phone with verizon and then a 3 way call with motorola. I have attempted Remote wave, music, Meridian and a couple of other apps, but still no success.

I ALSO have the same issue with mp3 files. There is no rhyme or reason to the ones that will play. 1 out of 25 is about what I am getting to hear.

I have pulled them up in Adobe Audition and I have tried different bit depths (16 & 32), different bit rates, (192, 256, 320), different sample rates (32000, 44100, 48000 Hz), dithering on and off, etc. and there is no logical pattern.

FYI- I have read on forums that the issue is with software. Specifically, there are problems with 2.3, but I had 2.2 and couldn't listen then either.

LASTLY, what way for those who have no problems with playing mp3 files have you employed?
Several methods and I have tried a couple.
1. Windows media center sync
2. PC mode on connection and drag and drop
3. Pull SD card after unmounting and put in pc and drag and drop to it to the music folder and then reinsert back into phone.
4. Any other way and/or app that has been successful?

I tried both 1 & 2.

I am a little at a loss as to what to do next. I am afraid I will need to do a reset and load all my software back on and it still won't work. Any other suggestions anyone?
Thanks.

spencerb

Reaction score
Possible problem/solution with this.

I have done some reading and it is possible that it may be caused and or it may add to the problem if you have your mp3 files tagged in Ver. 2.4.
I also had difficulty using windows explorer to make changes to the property of the mp3 file (metadata).

Windows 7 doesn't like these files (not compatible).

Download from cnet.com the following piece of free software.

MP3tag v2.49 Mp3tag - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Open and use file to go to a folder with mp3's in it.
Look at the columns for the Tag info. It will say ID3x2.3 or 2.4 (ID3v1 ID3x2.3 or 4.

If it is 2.4, then you should select all (have backup copies of course) and then click on save on top left. It will then change all those files to 2.3 tag version. Go to windows explorer and W7 will now allow you to make changes to your metadata using Windows explorer.

AND, use ID3-TagIt to view your metadata and make very quick changes. The metadata for your old files that had the info should still be there though. W7 was the culprit in not even being able to read the data due to compatibility.

Let me know if this works when transferring to the phone. I haven't transferred yet myself.