WTF? Widgets keep disappearing

manningfan10

Reaction score
i am running 2.5 and my widgets keep disappearing. I'll have my widget there, lok my phone, unlock and then it will be gone. It just has a box in the shape of the old widget and says problem loading widget and there is no way to get it back other than to uninstall the widget adn install it again. This has happened to my facebook widget and my circle launcher widget. I get the same problem on the stock launcher, adw ex (my main launcher), and lp. Any help would be great, Thanks

mack19318

Reaction score
Are your apps saved to sd?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
yes...but this is after the fone reads the card and stuff, it'll happen like during the day

Rodeojones

Reaction score
While it doesn't happen a lot to me, I do occasionally have this happen with Beautiful Widgets (and I do not have the app on my SD card). You shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall. I use LauncherPro and all I need to do is restart LP and the widgets appear. Since you use ADW, try clicking on "restart launcher" in the configure menu.

OP
manningfan10

manningfan10

Reaction score
the widgetes dont appear in lp either tho and restarting doesnt work i just tried, thanks for the suggestions. Any other ideas?

mack19318

Reaction score
Yeah move the apps with widgets to your phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep apps like launchers and widgets should stay on your phones internal memory.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
Apps with widgets will not show up on the home screen. When you first install the app it will show up in your menu to add the widget and will add fine. After reboot it won't

Like everyone said, just move the app to the phone and it will be fine