Wrong Number

M.Ed

Reaction score
When placing a phone call, my wife's new Galaxy S-lll sometimes connects to (calls) a contact (one that's among the phone's listed contacts) that is NOT the contact she touched to call ... ie. a wrong number is called. I've removed and then re-entered the contacts involved but that did not help. Has happened several times on several numbers, but not always on those specific numbers. Often those numbers work fine, with no Wrong Number connection. What's happening and what can be done about it? Thank you.

alesia121

Reaction score
me, too. Did you ever find a solution?

I am having the same issue with direct call - always calls my mother (LOL) instead of who I intend to call. Did you find a fix?
thanks!

When placing a phone call, my wife's new Galaxy S-lll sometimes connects to (calls) a contact (one that's among the phone's listed contacts) that is NOT the contact she touched to call ... ie. a wrong number is called. I've removed and then re-entered the contacts involved but that did not help. Has happened several times on several numbers, but not always on those specific numbers. Often those numbers work fine, with no Wrong Number connection. What's happening and what can be done about it? Thank you.

OP
M

M.Ed

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with direct call - always calls my mother (LOL) instead of who I intend to call. Did you find a fix?
thanks!

Never found a direct "fix", just installed an app that provides pre-dial assurity that you actually intend to call the number that's been dialed. It does this by asking "Are you sure you want to call ____(dialed number)____?" Click on that, and your number is dialed. Seems to work fine.