Write to Text for text messages?

spydergirl

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to use the handwriting tool in text messages?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to use the handwriting tool in text messages?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. I have tried it and it works fine. You need to use the Samsung keyboard. Under the Samsung keyboard settings, make sure Pen Detection is checked. Then whenever you have the S-Pen out, and you open up the keyboard, the handwriting pad appears. If the keyboard is already open when you pull the pen out, then it does not automatically switch. You would need to close the keyboard and then reopen it.

MadScientist

Reaction score
You don't have to close the keyboard. Just long press on the mic and select the pad option to write with.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am hopeful that other keyboards will support "handwriting" down the road and maybe some already do, just none that I have tried...this is definitely a cool feature to have tho with the Note 2 ;)...

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. It works great now that I see how to use it! Love it! Thank you!

Sent from my GN2

jseah

Reaction score
I have to say that Samsung did an excellent job with the handwriting pad. It correctly picks up handwriting well, even writing in cursive, and even if your handwriting is pretty horrible.

Brewer00psd

Reaction score
I have to say that Samsung did an excellent job with the handwriting pad. It correctly picks up handwriting well, even writing in cursive, and even if your handwriting is pretty horrible.

I agree. It's unreal How well this does Id'ing handwriting. That's what I am using now and my writing is terrible.
Matt

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2