Favorite Launcher for the GN2 ?

pharmnatr

Reaction score
That was helpful.
Thanks
I used Go Launcher on my Galaxy S3, and now I've got Nova on my Note 2. I just wanted to give something different a spin.

Go Launcher has a lot more options, plus there are tons of themes out there for Go Launcher (along with widgets). Nova seems to be a little quicker (that could be due to hardware differences in the Note 2 though), and it gives you more of a stock Jelly Bean feel from the start. Nova seems to use up less running memory as well since it's a lighter launcher.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either. Go Launcher is great for people who want a lot of easy options, such as installing a theme that chances everything on its own. Nova is a little lighter on the resources it uses, and you can customize it to your heart's content, but it takes a little more work on the user's part if you want to depart from the stock experience. So, if you want more of a stock UI, go with Nova. If you want access to a lot of themes through the Play Store that enable changing the look of the UI very easily, give Go Launcher a spin.

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
Read this thread and learned about Nova Launcher. Had been using ADW on my Droid X. I installed ADW and Nova Launcher on my Note 2. Both seem to be pretty similar though there are some aspects about Nova that I like a little better so I think I will stick with it for now.

There is however, one thing about ADW on the Note 2 that has me a little puzzled. I expected Nova to have the capability and it did not have it either. On my Droid X I could use "swipe actions" for the icons down in the "dock bar" the row of icons at the bottom of the screen that are independent from the rest of the screen. I had it very customized. Swipe up on the Handcent Icon and it opened email. Swipe up on the appdrawer icon and I got the Google Play store and so on. With ADW and Nova on the Note 2 there are no Swipe actions for the dock bar shortcuts. Seems to be a big oversight as they have swipe actions in other areas of the screen.

Anybody know of a way to bring back the functionality of the swipe actions? Did I miss something when I was looking through the settings for the two launchers? Do I need an add-on?

Thanks,

EDIT:
Installed the "Prime" version of Nova Launcher and now I have swipe actions. Now back to setting up this phone. Sure glad I got it on a three day weekend.