Wired tether/Phone as Modem

D_meist

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the wired tether/Phone as Modem option to work. If so would you consider writing a tutorial for a noob. I tried to follow drod's instructions but I couldn't get it to work. Im probably just a tard but I don't know what an mdn number is. Is that just my 10 digit phone number? Where is says to enter vzwNumber...is that where I should enter my phone number? A video or maybe some screenshots would be even better. Ok. Im asking too much.

-D

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

salem667

Reaction score
Ok... First are you rooted, if so dont worry bout the verizion one... There is a few good one on the market that is vety easy to set up... I use one thats just called wireless teather... Works wonderfully, and you dont have to put any numbers in and its free

Droid X

OP
D

D_meist

Reaction score
Yeah...I know how to tether my phone wirelessly. But Drod has a .txt file he wrote to explain how to tether with a usb cable. I found the tutorial to be a little hard to follow. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten it to work.

-D

jellybean420

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the wired tether/Phone as Modem option to work. If so would you consider writing a tutorial for a noob. I tried to follow drod's instructions but I couldn't get it to work. Im probably just a tard but I don't know what an mdn number is. Is that just my 10 digit phone number? Where is says to enter vzwNumber...is that where I should enter my phone number? A video or maybe some screenshots would be even better. Ok. Im asking too much.

-D

I swear by the 3g hotspot. However I downloaded the team black hat app from the market and downloaded it. This let's you use it without paying and I personally think its really fast.