Will MayDay be the new Droid Forums? Jeff Bezos thinks so!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon-Fire-Phone-AH-11.jpg

Amazon’s Fire Phone will Support MayDay, so you don’t have to go those “Droid Forums” for Answers

Yes, those are words straight from Amazon’s CEO, Jeff Bezos. He took a nice stab at Android forums today, talking about when he has a question about his Android device. Last fall, with the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, Amazon introduced MayDay, which is basically their 24/7 live tech support for their devices. It’s a pretty cool concept. You can hit the MayDay button from the notification pull down and an Amazon representative will answer within 15 seconds. While you can see the MayDay representatives, they cannot see you, but as soon as they answer they can see your entire device, and see what you have open and stuff. MayDay is available 24/7, and 365 days a year. No holidays for them, unfortunately.

Full article here: Amazon's Fire Phone will Support MayDay, so you don't have to go those "Droid Forums" for Answers | Androidheadlines.com

NOT!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Never!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Joe Consumer: *hits MayDay*
MayDay: Hello how may I help you?

Joe C: Yeah my email is not synching and I can't get it to work.
Mayday: No problem sir what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....

Susie Shopper: *hits MayDay*

Susie Shopper: I can't get all my contacts back. I'm missing like...well all of them
Mayday: No problem mam, what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....

Chuck Zito: *hits MayDay*

Chuck Zito: I don't have my apps once I fully boot up. I had 100's and paid thousands!
Mayday: No problem sir, what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha, so true or the good ol' Microsoft Windows fix for everything. "Just reboot"

feverhost

Reaction score
haha... yep, that is very close to how it actually goes.

Joe Consumer: *hits MayDay*

Joe C: Yeah my email is not synching and I can't get it to work.
Mayday: No problem sir what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....

Susie Shopper: *hits MayDay*

Susie Shopper: I can't get all my contacts back. I'm missing like...well all of them
Mayday: No problem mam, what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....

Chuck Zito: *hits MayDay*

Chuck Zito: I don't have my apps once I fully boot up. I had 100's and paid thousands!
Mayday: No problem sir, what we are going to do is a factory reset. What you need to do....