Will Bionic + ICS still have MotoBlur?

Scribble

Reaction score
Seems to me like a lot of the features of the Bionic MotoBlur are kind of already a part of ICS... I get the feeling they do MotoBlur to make the phone look nicer out of the box, but ICS already plans to look nice out of the box.

So, an already attractive phone, combined with perhaps wanting to get the update out quickly... I wonder if they won't add Motoblur?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. I highly doubt Moto would let a phone off their assembly line without their signature (Motoblur). I don't think any brand would do that, especially just for the sake of getting the update out quicker, unless of course they were built specifically for vanilla android. I'm also a little partial to their skin, so I don't mind them keeping it. Really, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with this update is the camera. Right now I'm using an app to improve the stock camera, but from what I've seen from the ICS previews, this one is gonna be sweet.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I sincerely doubt they'll remove Blur. More than likely, we'll end up with the same skin with the additional ICS features.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. I highly doubt Moto would let a phone off their assembly line without their signature (Motoblur). I don't think any brand would do that, especially just for the sake of getting the update out quicker, unless of course they were built specifically for vanilla android. I'm also a little partial to their skin, so I don't mind them keeping it. Really, the biggest thing I'm looking forward to with this update is the camera. Right now I'm using an app to improve the stock camera, but from what I've seen from the ICS previews, this one is gonna be sweet.

The original droid didn't have Motoblur.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
The original droid didn't have Motoblur.

Yeah, but has Moto ever done that again, or for that matter, any other brand? Once the trend of each company skinning Android to make their device stand out, it became pretty much a staple for them to do so. Plus, they put a lot of resources in tweaking and fixing it; I don't think they'd dump it, especially on the Bionic, especially for the sake of getting an update out quicker.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
I guess it depends on if they would need to spend more resources updating ICS to the motoblur skin, or more going back to stock.

I'm no expert, but option 2 seems easier.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you; I'd like my Bionic to be more vanilla than not so I wouldn't have the need for half the apps I've got running on it. I'm just sayin... I'd be mighty surprised if they went that route. They'd more likely just hold up the release until they get it working within Motoblur and VZW specs. No one ever goes with the easier/straighter option, you know?

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with you; I'd like my Bionic to be more vanilla than not so I wouldn't have the need for half the apps I've got running on it. I'm just sayin... I'd be mighty surprised if they went that route. They'd more likely just hold up the release until they get it working within Motoblur and VZW specs. No one ever goes with the easier/straighter option, you know?

True that. :)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will have the same Motoblur it has now. People would complain if it was taken away and was being used actively like the contacts widget.

Also in the past Motorola has kept Motoblur through updates.