Wifi wont stay off

VikingFolkMetal

Reaction score
i updated to 4.04 and now wifi turns on at random by itself. no matter what i do it wont stay off. this is on an lg lucid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Probably a stupid question, but did you turn it off in settings and do you have it set to scan local wifis available?

OP
V

VikingFolkMetal

Reaction score
Yes, it is off in settings. I dont know how to set it to scan for local connections. I certainly didnt turn it on.

mad1jacket

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Razr Maxx when I went to 4.0.4...I don't know which phone you're using, but this is what I did:

1. System Settings ---> WiFi: Slide to OFF position, but then also touch/click on "WiFi"
2. Touch bottom left button (options) to find and select "Advanced"
3. Un-check all 3 boxes labeled "Notify me..." / "Open Network..." / "Secure Network..."

Hope this helps!

firsttimeuser

Reaction score
LG Venice wifi turn off settings

I have LG Venice and it's my first LG phone and when I experienced problem with keeping wifi turned off I got frustrated. But I found something that might help. Go to Settings and in Wireless & Networks click on "More" then click on "Mobile networks" and then on "Connections Optimizer" there is box which is checked and there's explanation also. Hope this helps. I didn't tried it yet.

samburu

Reaction score
I have LG Venice and it's my first LG phone and when I experienced problem with keeping wifi turned off I got frustrated. But I found something that might help. Go to Settings and in Wireless & Networks click on "More" then click on "Mobile networks" and then on "Connections Optimizer" there is box which is checked and there's explanation also. Hope this helps. I didn't tried it yet.

I tried your recommendation today and it worked! No wifi on for HOURS! Thank you so much!!!!

LizzyBC7

Reaction score
I just got my phone, only had it a few days, and LOVE it, but same thing with the wifi. I've played with it for hours trying to figure it out so I finally googled it and found this. I made an account just so I could thank you for the info!!! Seriously, I'm so relieved. I no longer have any complaints about this phone, haha! :D