wifi randomly drops

Scipizoa

Reaction score
Has anyone ever figured out why the razr maxx randomly drops its wifi connection for afew secs and the router isen't visable on the phones wifi list during fhe few seconds of the wifi outage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

JMYTD

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. I'm already on my second RAZR because of this. I called Verizon and did everything that the tech suggested and in the end they just sent me a new phone. He even said that he had no idea what the problem could be. Suggested I go through and reset my router even though every other wireless device in my house works perfectly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Scipizoa

Scipizoa

Reaction score
This is rediculas my router is a brand new netgear wireless N n600 router. I can't wait for vzw give me back my unlimited data so i can disable wifi.

JMYTD

Reaction score
It really is. This "new" phone is now doing the same thing. I live in a dead zone so I need to have it on when home. Everything else in my house (laptops, ipad and even other verizon phones) that are connected to it have no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Scipizoa

Scipizoa

Reaction score
well i think it might be software related, because i was on ventrilo on the phone and the wifi dropped again, but the verizon connection stays maintained, something tells me theres a setting in the software that has a set data threshold limit for wifi and when an app or the phone oversteps the limit the wifi crashes

OP
Scipizoa

Scipizoa

Reaction score
All the time

subsynth

Reaction score
I had this issue, changing my wifi router settings so it broadcasts on Channel 1 seems to improve stability greatly for me.

I thought it was my router and I was always resetting it....