Widgets Unresponsive

bacchanal

Reaction score
My widgets lock up and become useless after awhile. Hard reboot fixes the issue, but only temporarily... The widgets still work, but their appearance doesn't change. This happens to all widgets, including the wifi and bluetooth toggles, volume slider, and others

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you stock or rooted? Give us a more specific example perhaps...

OP
bacchanal

bacchanal

Reaction score
Rooted, stock rom. The widget maintains its current look even if the information changes. For example, if I tap the wifi widget, wifi will connect and work, but the widget will still say it's off. True for all of the widgets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What does 'rooted' mean?

Rooting is a process allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android operating system to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem. Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, resulting in the ability to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user.