Wi-Fi Not in Range problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by epsilon1983, Oct 27, 2010.

1. epsilon1983

epsilon1983 New Member

My wi-fi won't connect on my motorola droid. It won't recognize new networks when I scan, just listing the networks I've connected to in the past. All networks, no matter at home, work, or school, are listed as "not in range." If I have it "forget" a network, the network will no longer show up on the list even when I'm standing right next to the router. Restarting the wifi and restarting the phone make no difference. Any idea what the problem is?

The problem happened right after I downloaded some pdfs to the phone for school. Then I set the phone aside for a few minutes, and when I picked it back up, the wifi no longer would connect.

I have been running CyanogenMod 6.0 with ADWLauncher for a couple weeks now with no problem until this one today. I have a backup in ROM Manager from when I first installed it. Should I try restoring from the backup? Or is there another possible solution? Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. itsluy

itsluy New Member

I'm having the same issue (also on CM6)

Everything was fine up until today I was uploading a photo to Facebook when the phone froze.

Did a battery pull, started the phone and wifi hasn't worked since.

No networks show up during a scan, it just says "connecting".

Have tried reboots, uninstalling recently updated apps ( i did an Update All last night).

I'm going to try a fresh CM6 install, hopefully the radio isn't dead.
  3. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    You can try to reinstall a backup if you have one. sounds like a setting on your wifi/networks got changed somehow.
  4. itsluy

itsluy New Member

just restored a backup from about a month ago using ROM Manager and wifi is working fine so it's NOT the radio.

I didn't change any settings at all the only change to the phone was some updates I applied the night before.

The issue surfaced the following reboot.

I'm wondering if Wifi Analyzer update changed something? That's the only update I can think of that might have affected wifi functionality.
Search tags for this page
android tablet says wifi not in range

android wifi not in range

att wifi not in range

not in range

sg2 wifi not in range
tablet says wifi not in range

wifi not in range

wifi not in range android

wifi not in range error android
wifi not in range remembered android
wifi says not in range