Why Everyone Should Root Their Phone

Kas84

Reaction score
I just rooted my Droid 4 yesterday, and I am amazed how many limitations there were regarding my phone pre-root. Downloaded SetCPU yesterday and have been using it since last night. Changed the speed of the CPU and battery life is phenomenal. Take a look...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

dhaynes

Reaction score
What speeds did You change yours to and does it effect the performance of the phone

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Over night and during the day at work when not it use I put it at 300 MHz, which is the minimum speed. And yes, it totally effects the performance of the phone, from switching to different homescreens to just about any other process you can think of. Lots of lag. That's why I normally just set it that low when I am not using my phone. That way, I can be rest-assured that processor isn't going into overdrive and sucking the life out of my battery. I'm going on 17+ hours now of moderate use and my battery life is at 60%.

What speeds did You change yours to and does it effect the performance of the phone

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Sorry, make that 18 hours... here is a better picture:

B-Unit

Reaction score
Im getting ready to put something together on overclocking/undervolting. The stock kernel has 1.2Ghz running at nearly full voltage, Ive been able to step mine stably down to the voltage level they set for 800 Mhz (1.375V -> 1.313). Will be publishing my numbers and a detailed how-to in the next few days.

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
Not bad for a first full day as a Super-user, eh?