Why do radio streaming pause?

Cynthialea

Reaction score
Just asking a question in general and it's driving me crazy about the Droid. I LOVE this phone but why is it that when I'm listening to wunderadio it just stops?

cpjr

Reaction score
It could be an issue with the app or could be a low signal issue with your data connection at that moment as well.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It happens with any device that streams media content. Initially, a certain amount of the file is buffered in memory, after that the data stream must remain constant to keep the stream going. Once in awhile, your data transfer rate drops too low to maintain continuity, and the player must pause while it rebuffers data.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could be an issue with the app or could be a low signal issue with your data connection at that moment as well.

Not necessarily low signal, it just means that your data connection has slowed to the point where it can no longer maintain the stream. You can have a full signal and still have low data speeds, depending on how hard the tower you are connected to is getting hit.

jeepxj96

Reaction score
mine does the same thing. but i just wish it wouldnt pause when i get a text message in. even on silent, it still pauses.