why cant we send videos through text/email?

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I got friends on Verizon with "lesser" phones and they can email/text videos no problem over 3g....but I never can....what's the deal? It could be a 2 second video and its too big???

Kias

Reaction score
I had the same problem for a while.you have to lower the video quality to low, and lower the duration to 30 seconds.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
Just wondering if you take a video in the highest quality setting, not thinking of sending it via MMS, but then decided you wanted to send it. Is there a way to compress/downgrade it for that purpose. Or is there an app to help out in that way?

wordweaver27

Reaction score
I have mine set to low qual for mms but I still cant send any. Its always too big- even like 12 second videos. Does anyone else have this problem of not being able to send anything?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what's the deal? It could be a 2 second video and its too big???
Answer is posted above but have you looked at the file sizes of full quality videos?

Just wondering if you take a video in the highest quality setting, not thinking of sending it via MMS, but then decided you wanted to send it. Is there a way to compress/downgrade it for that purpose. Or is there an app to help out in that way?
Seems like there would be a reencoder out there. I haven't looked myself. I use GV for messaging so MMS is out of the question anyway.

Jer

Reaction score
The fact that I can't even take a video of lowest quality setting offered by the phone for 10sec or less and send it to another Droid (supposedly these super advanced phones) on the same network is quite frustrating. I thought this was supposed to be the future of phones.

ShowTime

Reaction score
The fact that I can't even take a video of lowest quality setting offered by the phone for 10sec or less and send it to another Droid (supposedly these super advanced phones) on the same network is quite frustrating. I thought this was supposed to be the future of phones.

I have no problem doing it... :confused: I guess my phone's future is shaping up better than yours?
In all seriousness, if you have your MMS settings (both length and quality) set correctly, you should be able to send them. If you can't, you must have some setting or hardware problem or other app interference...

Jer

Reaction score

I have no problem doing it... :confused: I guess my phone's future is shaping up better than yours?
In all seriousness, if you have your MMS settings (both length and quality) set correctly, you should be able to send them. If you can't, you must have some setting or hardware problem or other app interference...

Thanks for all the help.

Kias

Reaction score
I found another setting that will help. I'm using Handcent, so your mileage may very. In Handcent's settings find maximum MMS size, and change it to 1meg. Default is 300 k. Helped out a lot!

wordweaver27

Reaction score
I found another setting that will help. I'm using Handcent, so your mileage may very. In Handcent's settings find maximum MMS size, and change it to 1meg. Default is 300 k. Helped out a lot!

That did it ! Now i can send short giddy. Thanks :)

anthony.selby

Reaction score
Android SendIT

You can use Android SendIT ... I found it in the market I searched for email video I think it was the 2nd one down ... but it lets you send any sized video to anyones email address

It worked perfect for me ... dancedroid

harrellj

Reaction score
Email size limitations have absolutely NOTHING to do with the mail client and everything to do with the mail server (both for sending the message and for receiving the message). Most places have a limit of 10 Mb of size on the message, however, Gmail's is apparently a bit larger than that: Maximum attachment size - Gmail Help

However, this thread is for sending text messages anyways, not email.