Why can't I watch forwarded MMS vids??

richie1378

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem with videos that are sent to you by MMS? When i receive one, it shows the vid in the text area with a Triangle in the middle of the vid icon but when I click on it to play it just shows a screen shot of it. What's the deal? I noticed that amongst a group of people today that received the same vid, I was the only one not able to watch it (ugh! lol). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!

OP
R

richie1378

Reaction score
Were the other people that could see it using the droid also?

I was the only one out of 5 that had the Droid. I thought it was because I had a Smartphone and service with Verizon but my friend has the Storm and he was able to view it. Hmmmmm...hope theres fix.

plinkoking

Reaction score
I had the same touble noew its fixed

The problem is the sms/ms app your using. remove all non factory sms/mms apps you have installed and the problem will be fixed.

mjs31

Reaction score
I have no problems viewing anything forwarded to me. I use Handcent and it just opened several last night. It could be the codec itself. In a perfect world all phones would be able to open every codec out there, but we are not there yet. Each phone tends to do better with some than others. I believe that someone will come up with an all around player for the Droid. Something like VLC is in the works...I believe.

There are some that believe their Iphone, BB, Pre etc will open all files, but this is just not correct.

Last edited: