Why are some sites have cheaper price for Droid than Verizon?

VOLTIS5

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm new to this whole smart phone deal (been 5 years since i have had a cell phone) and i was wondering why some sites have Droid for $50 with a 2 year contract with Verison. But if i go to the Verison site or store they have them for $199 with rebate? Is there a catch to this?

Kack

Reaction score
i believe they get a kickback form selling new contracts and the phones are just the selling point. i wouldnt buy anywhere but the direct wireless company because its always a pain in the but when you need to adjust something or get a replacement. verizon buy a droid get one free $100 a piece.

OP
V

VOLTIS5

Reaction score
i believe they get a kickback form selling new contracts and the phones are just the selling point. i wouldnt buy anywhere but the direct wireless company because its always a pain in the but when you need to adjust something or get a replacement. verizon buy a droid get one free $100 a piece.

Thanks for the quick reply. i'm actually on my way to get me the Droid and was just wondering if it was safer to go with Verison than some online deal.