Where did I get...

jtydroid

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been playing up and down with my phone, a Moto Droid. I had to restore to an earlier backup because I lost root, and when that happened I lost some of what I had done since.

Anyway, I had a keyboard installed that was, I think, the Hero keyboard. It had a custom smilies button and, most importantly, allowed me to map the volume keys to moving the cursor.

I can't remember where I got it for the life of me, and now I don't have it anymore. I'm running Cyanogen 5.0.6.2, with Nextheme, but I was running that before too... I think.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Alex K.

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been playing up and down with my phone, a Moto Droid. I had to restore to an earlier backup because I lost root, and when that happened I lost some of what I had done since.

Anyway, I had a keyboard installed that was, I think, the Hero keyboard. It had a custom smilies button and, most importantly, allowed me to map the volume keys to moving the cursor.

I can't remember where I got it for the life of me, and now I don't have it anymore. I'm running Cyanogen 5.0.6.2, with Nextheme, but I was running that before too... I think.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

No sir, I have heard of the HTC IME keyboard before but not the Hero keyboard.

OP
jtydroid

jtydroid

Reaction score

I should have clarified in my first post: I am an absolute noob and know very little of devices outside of my own. The keyboard was stacked differently and I've seen it in screenshots of devices that I thought were the Hero.

Regardless, that could be what I'm talking about...

Alex K.

Reaction score

I should have clarified in my first post: I am an absolute noob and know very little of devices outside of my own. The keyboard was stacked differently and I've seen it in screenshots of devices that I thought were the Hero.

Regardless, that could be what I'm talking about...

Direct me to one of these screenshots, and I will be better able to help you from there.

Alex K.

Reaction score

nerdbox08

Reaction score
It is out there my friends, but that look like an old version.

Do a google search the guy has a website. He also is over at xda-developers website.