When i first tried Droid X's music in my car, i thought i wasted my money and my 32gb

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
...until i found out that i have to configure the media audio settings first to enhance its audio quality.

I almost cried when i first heard the crappy quality! Now it sounds really awesome!

The starter guide should note the audio settings since many people buy it this for music also! seriously!

oo3

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize the settings were there! I too thought it sounded horrible when I hooked it up to my car stereo.

OP
C

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
Yeah i was really surprised too! Good thing i played around with the settings. It sounds just like my iPod touch now (not to be an Apple fanboy but iPod touch really sounds good)

montyHD

Reaction score
Would be nice if you stated on how exactly you did this. I use MixZing and I am happy but I cannot find the media audio settings. Please help.

Thanks...

Last edited:
OP
C

Child_of_Bodom

Reaction score
You go to Settings > Sound & Display > Media Audio Effects > Wired Stereo Devices

and then you Enable Audio Effects, on the bottom you choose the effects you want. My Droid X initially had NO bass at all, so i turned on the max bass boost and it did the work. Now my Droid X sounds like my iPod yay!

Exiled

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the tip! I had no idea... Well it doesn't really help the car audio cause I use an fm transmitter, but the headphones sound much better :)

montyHD

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the tip. I also found that MixZing has a very nice equalizer.

Rishi P

Reaction score
i played some mp3s off my droid through my aux input of my headunit and it sounded fine today...only thing i've noticed that sounded really crappy was trying to play pandora through the aux input....do these same settings apply for making pandora better quality?

kpiskin

Reaction score
Actually I have found that depending on what I'm connecting the DX to I need different settings. But for now the tight bass setting seems to work best under most circumstances. I try to leave a clean sound coming out of the device so that the stereo/amplifier does the sound processing work. If I set bass too high on the phone, then I have to turn bass down on my car stereo. A higher bass settign may work with headphones though.