What will Jelly Bean update give us Razr Maxx owners?

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Wow!!!! Looking forward to it!!!!

moset

Reaction score
We might get 4.2 but it seems more likely the next OTA will be 4.1.2. At least that is what the Christmas release is.
You can get the 4.2 clock from Google play now along with the 4.2 keyboard.
Some of the new camera functions like sphere will not work with Razr because it has no gyro. Also no nfc although some say the hardware is in the RAZR.
You might search 4.1.2 to get a better idea of what is coming to razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tomthbomb

Reaction score
OK, can we get it now? When I check for updates it says I am up to date (ICS).

GotnFX

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

A lot of buzzing going around saying that JB soak test invites are being sent out..official maybe out in a week.. maybe two at the most..depending if issues are found..which I doubt they will find any..

Last edited:

poker_vol

Reaction score
UNderstanding also is that you will lose the ability to operate FoxFi/PdaNet+. No more wireless tether with those apps.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
UNderstanding also is that you will lose the ability to operate FoxFi/PdaNet+. No more wireless tether with those apps.

If that's true I'll hold off on the soak test. I know my foxfi app changed to pdanet so "future updates" won't block it. Where did you get your info?

poker_vol

Reaction score
If that's true I'll hold off on the soak test. I know my foxfi app changed to pdanet so "future updates" won't block it. Where did you get your info?

I had seent he following quote in an article from Jan. 2013. "PDANet+ now incorporates USB and Bluetooth DUN tethering, as well as Wi-Fi tethering on Android 4.0 and earlier versions. It does not work around the blockade that Google added to Android 4.1/4.2, Jelly Bean, which disables the circumvention method that FoxFi used to enable tethering without phoning home to the carrier, to check for a tethering plan." User reviews have seemed to be hit or miss on it working after the upgrade. Just wanted to let people know that it may not work if you accept the OTA when released.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I had seent he following quote in an article from Jan. 2013. "PDANet+ now incorporates USB and Bluetooth DUN tethering, as well as Wi-Fi tethering on Android 4.0 and earlier versions. It does not work around the blockade that Google added to Android 4.1/4.2, Jelly Bean, which disables the circumvention method that FoxFi used to enable tethering without phoning home to the carrier, to check for a tethering plan." User reviews have seemed to be hit or miss on it working after the upgrade. Just wanted to let people know that it may not work if you accept the OTA when released.

Thanks! I was invited for a soak test, but now I am rethinking it. I use pdanet quite a bit. I'll see what happens first

OP
olona

olona

Reaction score
Well im not afraid to upgrade to jb because I know a developer will come up with something that will work with jb. If foxfi wont