What is the easiest way to switch/swap phones between two lines?

TheWalkingDude

Reaction score
Yesterday we added a 4th line to our account. We have 2 unlimited lines (DX2's), 1 dumbphone line, and now a NEW 2 GB data line(RAZR MAXX). I want to swap phones - RAZR MAXX with one of the DX2's - so the RAZR MAXX is on unlimited preexisting and the DX2 goes to the NEW 2 GB line.

Starting over on any phone after a year of building apps and such is already a chore so I am looking for the most simple way to go about this. Should I go to the store? Have a CSR walk me through it over the phone?

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You should be able to go online and swap the ESN numbers on the two lines. Don't think ur should be an issue with one using a SIM card and one not.

Tap'd from my Maxx

OP
T

TheWalkingDude

Reaction score
Thank for the quick response. It's just that easy? I have some minor concerns due to the VZW updated "Share Everything" rollout from yesterday, but I stood right next to the RSR when purchasing and adding the new line. I was worried about losing grandfathered unlimited on the line when swapping.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
What phone you have on your line has nothing to do with your contract. As long as it is a smartphone.

Tap'd from my Maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You're going to need to go in and get a simcard for the number that you want to put the maxx on, then just have them put a 3g device on that line. Sims are free. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yup that us correct about the SIM. The old number will still be associated with it. Now if you had done it before activation it would have been as easy as calling and getting it done.

Tap'd from my Maxx

OP
T

TheWalkingDude

Reaction score
Its not just swapping ESN's?...sigh...getting older makes tech more confuding:blink: Ah well, off I go to the store, my most favorite place to spend time.

Thanks again all! You guys are awesome and you know it:p:hail: