What is Music Mod?

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I accidentally clicked on the "Music Mod" in the toolbox Install Apps screen.

What did I just install?

Also, there is an option to install WyContacts but that appears to be the default contacts (dialer) used in Liberty? Is the one in the toolbox different?

turdbogls

Reaction score
music mod is just the stock music app with a transparent background.

as for the contacts, i noticed the same thing. i also had some issue when i tried installing the AOSP contacts where i had no contacts at all after that. it was kinda weird. and i DO believe the default liberty contacts app is wycontacts.

teh_g

Reaction score
I had read somewhere that this music mod was supposed to make music controls available when the screen was locked.... :blackdroid:

You don't need musicmod for this. Liberty comes with a lock screen music control, I use it for Winamp.

musicmod is just a modded version of the music app. It provides a few aesthetic differences I believe. I am not sure what else to be honest. I do know it does not support last.fm, so I do not use it.

irish22022

Reaction score
just got it to see. I notice nothing. It looks exactly the same, down to the widget. settings are all the same, everything is, unless I'm missing something?

teh_g

Reaction score
just got it to see. I notice nothing. It looks exactly the same, down to the widget. settings are all the same, everything is, unless I'm missing something?

They look a little different, if you browse to an album that has artwork, the artwork will appear in the background behind the song listings.

turdbogls

Reaction score
music mod should look like this, with your wallpaper showing in the background
screen

the stock music app looks like the same thing, except instead of seeing the wallpaper, you will just have a black backdrop.

sounds like you have the stock music player still. the music mod widgets have a transparent background as well so the only thing showing is the song info and the play/pause ff/rw buttons and the album art.