What can I do with droid razr xt912 as far as carriers?

eternalism

Reaction score
I recently got a droid razr xt912 and I've been sitting here for a few hours researching what my best options are when it comes to carriers and unlocking/flashing, I've seen some people say I can just throw in a straight talk sim card and I will get there service? I also wouldn't mind pageplus service but the price people want to flash is insane like $50+ and I've been checking out "Simple Mobile" which is like straight talk and I'm not sure if they would work. Pretty much I'm on a budget and I need to get this phone on a affordable plan asap or I need to sell the phone cause I'm not a tech expert so I don't wanna try flashing this my self and I can't afford what people are asking. Please help!

theblackabbot

Reaction score
Is there any other service besides Verizon that the RAZR will work on? I would love to have that option to drop them when my contract is up.

4low4fun

Reaction score
I know the RAZR can be flashed to cricket if you have that in your area. But here at least their data speeds are terribly slow and their data allowance is even worse!

prime38time

Reaction score
Page plus, cricket, Selectel wireless, Talk For Goodare all confirmed to be flashable to use with this companys. All but Cricket primarily use Verizon anyway and Cricket more often on sprint

Personally, I haven't found anything better than pageplus for price and data allowance,,,,,But Selectel and talk for good could possible get better signal without roaming (charges) since they have Verizon Partners (sprint, us cellular, MetroPCS, Cricket and some others towers without roaming (charges), but then again i have yet to not have signal or had to roam (and get charged for it)...so it could be different for you if by chance your home is not in range of verizon owned tower

It would be nice, but No One has broken the us carrier gsm lock on our Razr, otherwise we could practically use it for any carrier...but for now only outside us carriers work with the gsm radio so at least we do own a world phone.:icon_ lala:

All except cricket uses the verizon network and possibly their partners (when needed), cricket uses there own and sprint's networks usually when roaming

Needles to say ALL of these choices cost usually 50-80% less than paying Verizon directly:icon_ banana: There are other MVNOs that use Verizon's network but only work with there small list of phones. One example of this is Straight Talk

One more edit: they actually have had success fixing VZW XT907/926 RAZR M/HD to work with US GSM carriers(AT&T and T-Mobile etc.) hopefully somebody gets the xt912 working soon:p

As is stands here is the only current work in progress for getting our razr 912 to work with us gsm carriers:(AT&T and T-Mobile etc.)
Work In Progress* XT912 UnLock Discussion
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2144335

Last edited:

reddog80p

Reaction score
I'm looking to change from verizon over to cricket. I called up and they want to charge me $50 to flash my razr maxx over to thier network. Anyone who has made the switch do you need to have actual cricket service prior to flashing on your own? I've looked at some how to threads and videos and they ask for phone info that I would think you would already have have cricket service to obtain. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.